Regulations Respecting Zoning at Dawson Creek Airport
P.C. 1987-1254 1987-06-25
Whereas, pursuant to section 4.5 of the Aeronautics Act, a copy of the proposed Zoning regulations respecting Dawson Creek Airport, substantially in the form set out in the schedule hereto, was published in the Canada Gazette, Part I on September 27, 1986 and a reasonable opportunity was thereby afforded to interested persons to make representations to the Minister of Transport with respect thereto.
Therefore, Her Excellency the Governor General in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister of Transport, pursuant to section 4.4 of the Aeronautics Act, is pleased hereby to make the annexed Regulations respecting zoning at Dawson Creek Airport.
2. (1) In these Regulations,
“airport” means the Dawson Creek Airport at Dawson Creek, in the Peace River-Liard Regional District, in the Province of British Columbia; (aéroport)
- “airport reference point”
“airport reference point” means the point described in Part I of the schedule; (point de repère de l’aéroport)
- “approach surface”
“approach surface” means an imaginary inclined plane that extends upward and outward from each end of a strip, which approach surface is more particularly described in Part II of the schedule; (surface d’approche)
“Minister” means the Minister of Transport; (ministre)
- “outer surface”
“outer surface” means an imaginary surface located above and in the immediate vicinity of the airport, which outer surface is more particularly described in Part III of the schedule; (surface extérieure)
“strip” means the rectangular portion of the landing area of the airport, including the runway, prepared for the take-off and landing of aircraft in a particular direction, which strip is more particularly described in Part IV of the schedule; (bande)
- “transitional surface”
“transitional surface” means an imaginary inclined plane that extends upward and outward from the lateral limits of a strip and its approach surfaces, which transitional surface is more particularly described in Part V of the schedule; (surface de transition)
(2) For the purposes of these Regulations, the assigned elevation of the airport reference point is deemed to be 653.8 m above sea level.
3. These Regulations apply to all the lands, including public road allowances, adjacent to or in the vicinity of the airport, which lands are more particularly described as follows:
(a) the lands within the outer limits of lands described in Part VI of the schedule; and
(b) the lands directly under that portion of the approach surfaces that extend beyond the said outer limits.
4. No person shall erect or construct on any land to which these Regulations apply, any building, structure or object or any addition to any existing building, structure or object, the highest point of which will exceed in elevation at the location of that point
(a) the approach surfaces;
(b) the outer surface; or
(c) the transitional surfaces.
- Date modified: