(a) a medic, who may be one of the employees, shall, to the extent possible, be available in the work place; or
(b) when it is not possible for a medic to be available in the work place, the employer shall make arrangements to have a medic available at all times
(2) Where a physician is available in an isolated work place, the requirements of subsection (1) do not apply.
- SOR/88-199, s. 16(E);
- SOR/94-165, s. 68(F);
- SOR/2014-141, s. 12.
17.7 In addition to the requirements of sections 17.4 to 17.6, at a work place in which any employee is working on live high voltage electrical equipment, one of the employees shall be
(a) a first aid attendant who has successfully completed a CPR course; or
(b) trained to provide
17.8 A first aid attendant referred to in subsection 17.4(2), section 17.5 or 17.6 or paragraph 17.7(a) shall not be assigned duties that will interfere with the prompt and adequate rendering of first aid and shall
(a) be assigned to a first aid station or first aid room;
(b) be available at all times to employees in the work place; and
(c) render first aid to employees that are injured or ill at the work place.
- SOR/2014-141, s. 13.
First Aid Stations
(2) A first aid station shall be
(3) A first aid station shall
(4) Subsection (1) does not apply where a first aid room or a medical clinic that meets the requirements of subsection (2) is provided by the employer.
Posting of Information
(a) information regarding first aid to be rendered for any injury, occupational disease or illness likely to be sustained or contracted in the work place;
(b) information regarding the location of first aid attendants, first aid stations and first aid rooms; and
(c) at every telephone, an up to date list of telephone numbers for use in emergencies.
(2) At an isolated work place or in a motor vehicle, the information referred to in subsection (1) shall be provided and kept with the first aid kit.
- Date modified: