RCMP External Review Committee Rules of Practice and Procedure
Rules of Practice and Procedure of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police External Review Committee
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police External Review Committee, pursuant to section 29Footnote * of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act, hereby makes the annexed Rules of Practice and Procedure of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police External Review Committee.
Return to footnote *S.C. 1986, c. 11, s. 15
Ottawa, June 8, 1988
1. These Rules may be cited as the RCMP External Review Committee Rules of Practice and Procedure.
2. In these Rules,
“Act” means the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act; (Loi)
- “Committee member”
“Committee member” means a person appointed as a member of the Committee pursuant to subsection 25(1) of the Act; (membre du Comité)
- “Executive Director”
“Executive Director”[Revoked, SOR/91-544, s. 1]
- “interested person”
“interested person” means a person who satisfies the Committee that the person has a substantial and direct interest in a matter being heard by the Committee; (personne intéressée)
“record” means the whole or any part of any book, document, paper, card, tape or other thing in or on which information is written, recorded, stored or reproduced. (pièce)
- “registered mail”
“registered mail” means trace mail that provides proof of the date of mailing, of signature on delivery and a means of establishing delivery status; (courrier recommandé)
“Registrar” means the person appointed pursuant to subsection 27(2) of the Act and designated as Registrar by the Committee Chairman. (greffier)
- SOR/91-544, s. 1.
MATTERS NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR IN THESE RULES
3. Where any matter arises during the course of proceedings before the Committee not otherwise provided for in these Rules, the Committee may take whatever steps it considers necessary to settle the matter.
4. Where a time limit or deadline set out under these Rules falls on a Saturday or statutory holiday, the time limit or deadline shall be extended to the next working day.
5. (1) Except where the Committee considers an application to appear on the day of hearing, a person seeking to appear before the Committee shall, not later than five working days before the date of the hearing of that matter, file with the Committee an application in writing setting out the nature of the person’s interest in the matter before the Committee.
(2) The Registrar shall send a copy of the application referred to in subsection (1) to the parties to the matter being heard by the Committee.
- SOR/91-544, s. 2.
- Date modified: