68. The Commissioner may authorize members, on retirement, to continue to wear the uniform of the Force on state and official occasions.
- SOR/94-219, s. 27(F).
69. (1) Members are to be issued free of charge such articles of clothing, kit and other materiel as the Commissioner deems necessary.
(2) The issue and the manner of care of articles of clothing, kit and other materiel shall be approved by the Commissioner.
(3) Members designated by the Commissioner shall be paid an allowance as determined by the Treasury Board for the purchase and upkeep of such articles of clothing, kit and other materiel as the Treasury Board may specify.
- SOR/94-219, s. 28.
70. A service badge of a design approved by the Commissioner may be awarded to any regular member, other than an officer, for every period of five years service by the member.
- SOR/94-219, s. 29.
71. The Commissioner may authorize the provision of suitable living accommodation for a member and, when so provided, the member shall reside therein, unless the member’s appropriate officer directs otherwise.
72. At posts where living accommodation is not available for a member, the Commissioner may, with the approval of Treasury Board, make such arrangements as are deemed necessary in order to secure suitable accommodation for the member.
73. The Commissioner may authorize the provision of furniture for living accommodation, messes and recreational areas.
Travelling and Relocation Expenses
74. A member travelling in relation to the performance of the member’s duties is entitled to be paid travelling expenses in accordance with Treasury Board travel policy.
75. Where an applicant for membership in the Force is reporting for
(a) final documentation and attestation,
(b) medical or dental examination or physical fitness testing,
(c) second language evaluation and second language aptitude testing,
(d) a suitability interview, or
(e) an interview by a selection board, in the case of candidates in the professional, scientific and technical categories,
the applicant is entitled to be paid travelling expenses to and from the applicant’s place of residence in accordance with Treasury Board travel policy.
76. Where a former member is reporting for medical examination or re-examination ordered by the Canadian Pension Commission pursuant to a claim under subsection 5(1) of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Pension Continuation Act or section 27 of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Superannuation Act, the former member is entitled to be paid travelling expenses in accordance with Treasury Board travel policy.
- Date modified: