77. Where the attending medical practitioner of a member who has been discharged from the Force due to a physical or mental disability is of the opinion that the physical or mental condition of the former member, on discharge, precludes travelling alone, the Commissioner may authorize the payment of travelling expenses of an escort for the former member in accordance with Treasury Board travel policy.
78. (1) The Commissioner may authorize payment, in the manner and amount prescribed by the Treasury Board, for the relocation expenses that a member may incur as a result of transferring from one post to another.
(2) The Commissioner may authorize payment, in the same manner and amount as that referred to in subsection (1), for the relocation expenses that a member may incur as a result of moving out of or into unfurnished living accommodation provided under section 71 or 72.
(3) The Commissioner may authorize payment, in the manner and amount prescribed by the Treasury Board, for the incidental expenses that a member may incur as a result of moving between furnished living accommodation provided under section 71 or 72 where
(a) the move is of a local nature; and
(b) the member attests to the expenses by signing a certificate in a form approved by the Treasury Board.
79. (1) Subject to subsection (2), the Commissioner may authorize payment, in the same manner and amount as that referred to in subsection 78(1), for the relocation expenses that may be incurred by
(a) a retiring member who is eligible for a pension;
(b) a member discharged from the Force for a physical or mental disability;
(c) a spouse or dependent of a member who dies in the service of the Force; and
(d) the estate of a member without dependents who dies in the service of the Force.
(2) No payment shall be made under subsection (1)
(a) more than two years after the date on which a member is discharged, unless exceptional circumstances exist; or
(b) for temporary or interim accommodation, other than accommodation for a period of not more than three days at the last posting.
80. Deductions from the pay of a member shall be made in the following order of claims, namely,
(a) amounts due to the Crown;
(b) contributions under the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Superannuation Act or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Pension Continuation Act;
(c) sanctions imposed under section 45.12 of the Act;
(d) indebtedness to any mess, canteen or club of the Force; and
(e) any instructional or educational undertaking entered into pursuant to section 62.
Forfeiture of Pay
81. (1) Where a member fails to perform the member’s duties for a period of time because the member has become unfit either intentionally or through the member’s own negligence, the Commissioner may order the pay of that member, or such lesser amount as the Commissioner considers appropriate, be forfeited for that period.
(2) For the purposes of subsection (1), a member suffering from a disease which the member could have prevented, or its after-effects, shall be considered to be unfit for duty through the member’s own negligence.
- Date modified: