5. A division or subdivision may be divided by the Commissioner into one or more detachments or districts consisting of such members and other personnel as the Commissioner directs.
- SOR/98-262, s. 1.
6. The Commissioner may, where the Commissioner considers it expedient to do so for purposes of administration, group divisions or subdivisions together into a region under the responsibility of a regional deputy Commissioner.
- SOR/98-262, s. 1.
7. For the purposes of administration, the headquarters of the Force shall be divided as the Commissioner directs.
8. In the absence of the person in command or the person in charge of a post, the command or charge of a post shall, unless the Commissioner directs otherwise, be exercised by the next senior regular member on staff in respect of that post as determined by the order of precedence for regular members in subsection 15(1).
Royal Canadian Mounted Police Reserve
9. (1) There is hereby established a Royal Canadian Mounted Police Reserve.
(2) Subject to subsection (3), the Reserve shall be divided as the Commissioner directs and consist of such persons as the Commissioner may appoint.
(3) The maximum number of persons in the Reserve shall be as determined by the Treasury Board.
(4) A member of the Reserve shall be appointed for a period of not more than three years and may be dismissed at any time by the Commissioner.
10. (1) A member of the Reserve, where called up for training or duty, shall be deemed a member of the Force for the purposes of the Act and these Regulations, and the provisions of Part I of the Act apply to that Reserve member as though the Reserve member were a member.
(2) A member of the Reserve, where called up for duty, has the powers, duties and functions of a regular member.
11. No person shall be appointed as a member of the Reserve unless the person is of good character, has the necessary physical qualities and meets such other qualifications for appointment to the Reserve as the Commissioner may, by rule, prescribe.
- SOR/94-219, s. 2.
12. (1) The Commissioner may call up members of the Reserve for training or duty at such times as the Commissioner considers it expedient to do so, but no member of the Reserve shall be called up for training for more than three months in each year.
(2) A member of the Reserve who is called up for training or duty shall hold the rank to which the member is appointed by the Commissioner and shall be paid the pay and allowances established for that rank.
13. (1) A member of the Reserve who wishes to resign from the Reserve before the expiration of the period for which the member has undertaken to serve shall at least one month prior to the projected date of resignation apply to the Commissioner in writing for permission to resign, setting out the reasons therefor.
(2) The Commissioner may refuse to permit a member of the Reserve to resign from the Reserve and, if the Commissioner does so, the Commissioner shall notify the member, in writing, of the reasons for refusing to permit that resignation.
- Date modified: