Letter Mail Regulations
11. (1) Every item of standard mail bearing a postage meter impression or a postage-paid-in-cash impression shall bear the delivery address of the addressee, including the applicable postal code for that address.
(2) Subject to subsection (3), the address of the addressee shall appear on the front of every item of standard mail and be located not less than
(a) 40 mm from the top edge;
(b) 19 mm from the bottom edge; and
(c) 15 mm from the left and right edges.
(3) Paragraph (2)(b) shall not apply in respect of an item of standard mail that bears a postage stamp other than a postage meter or postage-paid-in-cash impression.
(4) The postal code on an item referred to in subsection (1) shall be located
(a) not less than 19 mm from the bottom edge;
(b) not less than 40 mm from the top edge;
(b.1) not less than 15 mm from the left and right edges; and
(c) on the last line of the address, or shall follow all other address particulars on the last line of the address if the postal code is separated from those address particulars by at least two character spaces.
(5) [Repealed, SOR/90-801, s. 6]
- SOR/90-801, s. 6;
- SOR/91-625, s. 4;
- SOR/2006-342, s. 1.
- Date modified: