25.1 (1) The licences referred to in item 1 of Part 1of Schedule 5 are not valid in salmon rivers during the Atlantic salmon fishing periods except in
(a) the waters of the Jacques Cartier River referred to in item 41 of Schedule 6 that are between the Bird Dam at Pont-Rouge (46°44′55″N., 71°42′40″W.) and the bridge situated at the south entrance of the Valcartier military base (46°54′01″N., 71°31′21″W.); and
(b) the waters of the aux Rochers River referred to in item 89 of Schedule 6 that are between a straight line joining the point 50°01′05″N., 66°52′28″W. to the point 50°01′00″N., 66°52′20″W. and the downstream side of the bridge over the western branch of the river linking Port-Cartier-Ouest to Port-Cartier (Petit quai sector).
(2) The licences referred to in item 2 of Part 1 of Schedule 5 are also valid for fishing for species other than Atlantic salmon in salmon rivers during the Atlantic salmon fishing periods.
- SOR/2001-438, s. 5;
- SOR/2004-64, s. 3(E);
- SOR/2008-322, s. 17.
26. This Part applies in respect of sport fishing.
- SOR/99-264, s. 12.
Fishing Method Restrictions
27. Subject to sections 28, 29, 31 and 42, no person shall engage in sport fishing to fish for or catch and retain a species of fish referred to in an item of Schedule 1 in waters referred to in that item using the gear or method referred to in that item during the close time set out for that item.
- SOR/93-118, s. 10;
- SOR/98-218, s. 6;
- SOR/99-264, s. 13;
- SOR/2008-322, s. 18.
28. No person shall engage in sport fishing, other than by angling, for
(a) Atlantic salmon and ouananiche;
(c) lake trout; or
- SOR/93-118, s. 11;
- SOR/2008-322, s. 34.
29. (1) The holder of a licence referred to in item 1 of Part 1 of Schedule 5, or any person fishing under the authority of a licence referred to in that item, may fish for bait fish, by means of not more than one lift net or not more than three bait traps, in waters where the use of bait fish is permitted.
(2) For the purpose of subsection (1), the holder of the licence and any person fishing under the authority of the licence shall not use more than one lift net or more than three bait traps at any one time.
(3) No person shall use a bait trap referred to in subsection (1) that is not under the person’s immediate supervision unless the name, address and licence number of the licence holder are on the trap.
- SOR/93-118, s. 12;
- SOR/99-264, s. 14;
- SOR/2003-176, s. 9(F);
- SOR/2008-322, s. 19.
- Date modified: