Meat Inspection Regulations, 1990
(a) the label and the recipe for the meat product have been submitted to the Director for registration, together with the applicable fee set out in the Canadian Food Inspection Agency Fees Notice; and
(b) the person who submitted the label and the recipe for registration has been notified pursuant to subsection (3) that the label and recipe have been registered.
(2) The Director shall register a label and a recipe submitted pursuant to paragraph (1)(a) where the label and the recipe meet the applicable requirements of these Regulations, the Food and Drug Regulations, the Consumer Packaging and Labelling Regulations and the applicable regulations made under the Canada Agricultural Products Act.
(3) The Director shall give written notice to every person who submits a label and recipe for registration pursuant to paragraph (1)(a) that
(4) The Director shall cancel the registration of every label and recipe that do not meet the applicable requirements of the regulations referred to in subsection (2).
(5) Where the Director cancels the registration of any label and recipe, the Director shall give written notice of the cancellation to the person who submitted the label and the recipe for registration.
(6) For the purposes of sections 89 and 123, any person who wishes to have a label reviewed for a meat product that is not a prepared meat product may submit the label, together with the applicable fee set out in the Canadian Food Inspection Agency Fees Notice, to an inspector who shall review the label and any supporting information and provide a written notice that
(7) [Repealed, SOR/2000-183, s. 33]
- SOR/92-292, s. 14;
- SOR/95-217, s. 2;
- SOR/98-133, s. 3;
- SOR/2000-183, s. 33.
- Date modified: