Meat Inspection Regulations, 1990
(2) An application for a licence to operate a registered establishment or for the renewal or modification of a licence shall
(a) be made to the President in a form acceptable to the President; and
(b) subject to subsection (3), be accompanied by the following information, namely,
(2.1) [Repealed, SOR/2004-280, s. 9]
(3) In the case of the renewal or modification of a licence to operate a registered establishment, the applicant is not required to provide any information listed in paragraph (2)(b) that has already been provided to the President unless requested by the President to do so.
(3.1) to (3.9) [Repealed, SOR/2004-280, s. 9]
(4) The President shall issue, renew or modify a licence to operate a registered establishment unless, subject to subsection (7),
(a) the applicant or operator does not have a scheduled work shift, as defined in section 125, covering the operations of the registered establishment for the period to which the application relates;
(b) the applicant or operator does not have the required prerequisite programs and other control programs in place or the programs are not functioning in accordance with the FSEP Manual or the Manual of Procedures;
(c) the applicant or operator does not have the required HACCP plans in place or the HACCP plans are not functioning in accordance with the FSEP Manual; or
(d) based on the information provided with the application, the President determines that the operation of the registered establishment by the applicant or operator may not comply with the requirements of the Act and these Regulations.
(4.1) [Repealed, SOR/2004-280, s. 9]
(5) The President may, at any time, attach to a licence issued under subsection (4) any conditions that are necessary to ensure that meat products produced in the registered establishment comply with these Regulations or that are necessary to protect public health or safety.
(6) The operator of a registered establishment shall comply with all the conditions of the licence to operate the establishment.
(7) If the President refuses to issue, renew or modify a licence to operate a registered establishment or to authorize an applicant to operate a shared inspection program or a post mortem examination program, the President shall notify the applicant in writing
(8) There shall be only one operator for a registered establishment at any time, but for the purposes of section 94, an operator may use any business name, listed under the operator’s name in the Register of Operators.
(9) Subject to subsection (10), a licence to operate a registered establishment shall be valid for not more than one year after the date of issuance and shall expire on the date specified under the operator's name in the Register of Operators.
(10) A licence to operate a registered establishment may be renewed on the expiry of the period referred to in subsection (9) if an operator continues to meet the conditions of the licence set out in this section, including the payment of all necessary fees.
(11) No operator who is issued a licence under this section shall transfer the licence to any other person and any purported transfer of a licence is void.
(12) Subject to subsection (13), every operator shall keep and retain in a registered establishment records of a specific activity or procedure that is performed in order to comply with the Act, these Regulations, the FSEP Manual and the Manual of Procedures.
(13) The records referred to in subsection (12) shall be retained for a period of not less than one year after the date on which the specific activity or procedure referred to in that subsection is performed unless a different retention period is specified in the Act, these Regulations, the FSEP Manual or the Manual of Procedures.
- SOR/93-160, s. 6;
- SOR/94-683, s. 4;
- SOR/95-217, s. 1;
- SOR/98-133, s. 2;
- SOR/2000-183, s. 32;
- SOR/2000-184, ss. 74, 80;
- SOR/2001-167, s. 6;
- SOR/2002-354, s. 26(F);
- SOR/2003-6, s. 86;
- SOR/2004-280, s. 9.
- Date modified: