Strata Control Systems
(2) A copy of the plan referred to in subsection (1) shall be posted at every meeting station in such a manner that it is readily available for examination by employees.
Mine Survey Plans
(2) The plan referred to in subsection (1) shall identify
(a) the name of the coal mine;
(b) the date of all surveys of that coal mine carried out by a mine surveyor;
(c) the boundaries of the coal mine;
(d) all working faces, shafts, rooms, pillars, longwall sections, meeting stations and passageways;
(e) the position, direction and extent of every fault and the displacement of the fault;
(f) the direction and rate of dip of the coal seam;
(g) the depth of every shaft;
(h) the elevation of the floor of the coal seams and roadways at intervals of 30 m;
(i) vertical sections of each coal seam;
(j) the airways and direction of air flow;
(l) barriers between adjacent coal mines in the same seam; and
(m) all stoppings.
(3) A mine surveyor shall prepare additional plans of the coal mine to show details of
(a) the ventilation system, including airways and airway crossings, doors, air ducts, brattice sheets, stoppings, methane drainage pipes and holes, auxiliary fans and booster fans;
(b) compressed air lines;
(c) the water circuit, including the position of hydrants, stop valves and tanks and the diameter of the pipes;
(d) the electrical equipment and control devices, including cables, substations, pump rooms, telephones and environmental monitoring equipment;
(e) roadways and manholes; and
(f) the transportation system for employees and materials.
(4) The plan referred to in subsection (1) and the additional plans referred to in subsection (3) shall be brought up to date as of January 1, April 1, July 1 and October 1 of every year and a copy of the up-to-date plans shall be submitted to a safety officer at the district office not later than on the 20th day of the month for which they are brought up to date.
(5) A copy of the plans and the additional plans, brought up to date in accordance with subsection (4), shall be posted at the lamp house.
Notices of Closure
161 (1) At least 90 days before closing a coal mine or any portion of a coal mine, the employer shall submit a notice of the employer’s intention by registered mail to the Coal Mining Safety Commission.
(2) The notice referred to in subsection (1) shall be accompanied by a plan of the coal mine prepared in accordance with subsection 160(1) and revised to show the boundaries of the mine and the limits of all workings as they exist on the day the notice is mailed.
(3) At the time when a coal mine or a portion of a coal mine is closed, the employer shall submit to the Coal Mining Safety Commission, by registered mail, a final plan of the coal mine or portion of the coal mine as it exists on the day of closure.
- Date modified: