102. (1) For the purposes of subsection 204(6) of the Act, the maximum percentage that an association may deduct and retain in respect of any pool is 35 per cent of the total amount of money bet through the agency of its pari-mutuel system in respect of that pool.
(2) Subject to subsection (2.1), an association may, in respect of any pool, deduct and retain the association’s percentage by
(a) deducting a single percentage from the total pool in accordance with the gross pricing method as referred to in paragraph 119(1)(a); or
(b) deducting a single percentage or a different percentage from the total pool in accordance with the net pricing method as referred to in paragraph 119(1)(b).
(2.1) No association shall deduct and retain any percentage from any pool that exceeds the association’s percentage for the pool that is set out in its permit or authorization under section 90 or 95, as the case may be.
(3) If an association proposes to change its percentage, it shall send a written notification of the proposed change to the Executive Director.
(4) No association shall deduct and retain its revised percentage referred to in subsection (3) until five days after the notification referred to in that subsection has been received by the Executive Director.
- SOR/93-255, s. 3;
- SOR/95-262, s. 7;
- SOR/2011-169, s. 54.
Record of Calculations
103. (1) An association shall, for each pool offered on each race, make available the following information to an officer, on request:
(a) the amount of money bet;
(b) the official result and the winning horses or combinations;
(c) the pay-out prices;
(d) the amount of money bet on each winning horse or combination;
(e) the amount of money paid out for each winning horse or combination;
(f) the amount of money to be refunded;
(g) the amount of the association’s percentage;
(h) the amount of the deduction from each dollar bet authorized under a provincial enactment;
(i) the amount of the payment to the Receiver General;
(j) the amount of any cents retained by the association; and
(k) the total of the amounts referred to in paragraphs (e) to (j).
(2) No association shall permit any change to be made to the amounts referred to in paragraphs (1)(a) to (k) unless the change is authorized in writing by an officer.
(3) [Repealed, SOR/2011-169, s. 55]
- SOR/96-431, s. 2;
- SOR/2002-247, s. 1(F);
- SOR/2011-169, s. 55.
Record of Tickets
104. An association shall maintain an up-to-date record of all outstanding tickets.
- SOR/2011-169, s. 56.
- Date modified: