Other Pari-Mutuel Pools
143. (1) If an association proposes to offer a type of bet that is not described in this Part, the bet may be offered if
(a) the bet is a pari-mutuel bet described in Chapter 4, under ARCI 004-105 of the document entitled Model Rules of Racing, published by the Association of Racing Commissioners International, as amended from time to time;
(b) subject to subsection (2), the bet is in compliance with the Act and any other Act of Parliament or legislature and any regulation made under it;
(c) the association provides to the Executive Director a description of the proposed type of bet;
(d) the type of bet meets the requirements of section 15 and is included in the association’s permit; and
(e) the association’s operation of the bet conforms to the description of the bet in the permit.
(2) A bet referred to in paragraph (1)(a) is not required to comply with the requirements of section 107.
- SOR/2011-169, s. 70.
144. to 147. [Repealed, SOR/98-242, s. 4]
PART VEQUINE DRUG CONTROL PROGRAM
148. [Repealed, SOR/2000-163, s. 6]
149. No person who undertakes activities relating to an equine drug control program shall own or operate a race-course or own or manage a race-horse.
- SOR/93-255, ss. 3, 4(E);
- SOR/2000-163, s. 7;
- SOR/2011-169, s. 80.
150. (1) An association that has an equine drug control program shall provide a retention area on its premises for the activities relating to the program.
(2) While a retention area is being used by persons who are undertaking activities relating to an equine drug control program, an association shall
(a) limit entry to the area to
(i) those persons,
(ii) officers, and officials of a Commission or the association, in the performance of their duties,
(iii) the owner or trainer of a horse chosen to undergo a test pursuant to subsection 161(1),
(iv) persons that are authorized by a test inspector, and
(v) horses selected for testing; and
(b) ensure that only equipment used on the racing strip or for controlling or caring for the horse after the race, including buckets, sponges, scrapers and horse blankets are brought into the retention area.
- SOR/2000-163, s. 8;
- SOR/2011-169, s. 72.
151. to 155. [Repealed, SOR/2000-163, s. 9]
- Date modified: