4. (1) The Minister may issue a communal licence to an aboriginal organization to carry on fishing and related activities.
(2) The Minister may designate, in the licence,
(a) the persons who may fish under the authority of the licence, and
(b) the vessels that may be used to fish under the authority of the licence.
(3) If the Minister does not designate the persons who may fish under the authority of the licence, the aboriginal organization may designate, in writing, those persons.
(4) If the Minister does not designate the vessels that may be used to fish under the authority of the licence, the aboriginal organization may designate, in writing, those vessels.
- SOR/2002-225, s. 12.
5. (1) For the proper management and control of fisheries and the conservation and protection of fish, the Minister may specify in a licence any condition respecting any of the matters set out in paragraphs 22(1)(b) to (z.1) of the Fishery (General) Regulations and any condition respecting any of the following matters, without restricting the generality of the foregoing:
(a) the species and quantities of fish that are permitted to be taken or transported;
(b) the method by which and when the licence holder is to notify the Minister of designations, the documents that constitute proof of designation, when, under what circumstances and to whom proof of designation must be produced, the documents or information that designated persons and vessels must carry when carrying on fishing and related activities, and when, under what circumstances and to whom the documents or information must be produced;
(c) the method to be used to mark and identify vessels and fishing gear;
(d) the locations and times at which landing of fish is permitted;
(e) the method to be used for the landing of fish and the methods by which the quantity of the fish is to be determined;
(f) the information that a designated person or the master of a designated vessel is to report to the Minister or a person specified by the licence holder, prior to commencement of fishing, with respect to where and when fishing will be carried on, including the method by which, the times at which and the person to whom the report is to be made;
(g) the locations and times of inspections of the contents of the hold and the procedure to be used in conducting those inspections;
(h) the maximum number of persons or vessels that may be designated to carry on fishing and related activities;
(i) the maximum number of designated persons who may fish at any one time;
(j) the type, size and quantity of fishing gear that may be used by a designated person;
(k) the circumstances under which fish are to be marked for scientific or administrative purposes; and
(l) the disposition of fish caught under the authority of the licence.
- SOR/94-390, s. 3;
- SOR/2002-225, s. 13.
(2) [Repealed, SOR/2002-225, s. 13]
- Date modified: