Embarking and Disembarking Assistance
49. Where a fishery officer, fishery guardian, inspector or observer has to climb up or down more than 1.2 m to embark or disembark from a fishing vessel, sections 4 to 16 of the Pilot Ladder Regulations apply to the master of the fishing vessel, with such modifications as the circumstances may require.
FISHING FOR EXPERIMENTAL, SCIENTIFIC, EDUCATIONAL OR PUBLIC DISPLAY PURPOSES
50. In this Part, “licence” means a licence to fish for experimental, scientific, educational or public display purposes.
51. No person shall fish for experimental, scientific, educational or public display purposes unless authorized to do so under a licence.
52. Notwithstanding any provisions of any of the Regulations listed in subsection 3(4), the Minister may issue a licence if fishing for experimental, scientific, educational or public display purposes would be in keeping with the proper management and control of fisheries.
53. (1) The fee for a licence to fish for public display purposes is $100.
(2) There is no fee for a licence to fish for experimental, scientific or educational purposes.
RELEASE OF LIVE FISH INTO FISH HABITAT AND TRANSFER OF LIVE FISH TO A FISH REARING FACILITY
54. In this Part, “licence” means a licence to release live fish into fish habitat or to transfer live fish to a fish rearing facility.
Release or Transfer of Fish
55. (1) Subject to subsection (2), no person shall, unless authorized to do so under a licence,
(a) release live fish into any fish habitat; or
(b) transfer any live fish to any fish rearing facility.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of fish that is immediately returned to the waters in which it was caught.
Licence to Release or Transfer Fish
56. The Minister may issue a licence if
(a) the release or transfer of the fish would be in keeping with the proper management and control of fisheries;
(b) the fish do not have any disease or disease agent that may be harmful to the protection and conservation of fish; and
(c) the release or transfer of the fish will not have an adverse effect on the stock size of fish or the genetic characteristics of fish or fish stocks.
57. There is no fee for a licence issued under this Part.
AUTHORIZATION TO ALTER FISH HABITAT
58. (1) Any person who proposes to carry on any work or undertaking that is likely to result in the harmful alteration, disruption or destruction of fish habitat and who wishes to have the means or conditions of that work or undertaking authorized by the Minister under subsection 35(2) of the Act shall apply to the Minister in the form set out in Schedule VI.
(2) An authorization given under subsection 35(2) of the Act shall be in the form set out in Schedule VII.
(3) Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply to any work or undertaking to which the Pacific Aquaculture Regulations apply.
- SOR/2010-270, s. 11.
- Date modified: