Expiration of Documents
10. Unless otherwise specified in a document, a document expires
(a) where it is issued for a calendar year, on December 31 of the year for which it is issued; or
(b) where it is issued for a fiscal year, on March 31 of the year for which it is issued.
Carry and Produce Licence and Fisher’s Registration Card
11. Every holder of a licence or fisher’s registration card shall carry it at all times while engaged in any activity to which it relates and shall produce it on the demand of a fishery officer or fishery guardian.
12. The operator of a vessel in respect of which a vessel registration card has been issued shall have the vessel registration card and the licence authorizing the use of the vessel on board the vessel whenever the vessel is engaged as a fishing vessel and shall produce them on the demand of a fishery officer or fishery guardian.
13. [Repealed, SOR/93-333, s. 3]
14. (1) Notwithstanding paragraph 15(1)(a), a fishery officer who is employed by the Department or any employee of the Department engaged in the issuance of documents may, on the request of the holder of a document,
(a) amend the document and sign and date the amendment; or
(b) cancel the document and issue a replacement document.
(2) Where a document contains an error or was issued in error, a fishery officer or an employee referred to in subsection (1) may request the holder of the document to surrender it.
(3) Where the holder of a document receives a request referred to in subsection (2), that person shall immediately comply with the request.
Alteration and Use of Documents
15. (1) No person shall
(a) alter or deface any document;
(b) use or produce any document that has been altered or defaced; or
(c) use or produce any document issued to another person under the pretence of being the holder thereof.
(2) No holder of a fisher’s registration card shall permit another person to use that registration card.
(3) Where a licence specifies the person or persons who may fish under the licence, the holder of that licence shall not permit any person other than the person or persons so specified to use that licence.
Transfer of Documents and Rights and Privileges
16. (1) A document is the property of the Crown and is not transferable.
(2) The issuance of a document of any type to any person does not imply or confer any future right or privilege for that person to be issued a document of the same type or any other type.
Change of Name or Address and Replacement of Documents
17. (1) Where a person is the holder of a document and has a change of name or address, or the document is lost, stolen or destroyed or becomes illegible, that person shall notify the Minister in writing within 15 days after the occurrence of the event and the Minister may issue a replacement document showing any applicable changes.
(2) On receipt of a replacement document, the holder shall immediately return to the Department the document being replaced if it is still in the holder’s possession.
(3) A holder of a replacement document who recovers the document that was replaced shall immediately return it to the Department.
- Date modified: