41.1 No person engaged in recreational fishing for gaspereau by any method in the waters set out in column I of the table to this section shall catch and retain, in any day, more gaspereau than the fishing quota set out in column II.
|Column I||Column II|
|1.||Inland and tidal waters of Nova Scotia.||20|
|2.||Inland and tidal waters of New Brunswick.||20|
|3.||Inland and tidal waters of Prince Edward Island.||20|
- SOR/2001-452, s. 15.
42. (1) No person shall fish for gaspereau with a gill net that has a mesh size of more than 89 mm.
(2) No person shall fish for gaspereau in the inland and tidal waters of New Brunswick with a gill net that has a mesh size of less than 38 mm.
Provisions Specific to Nova Scotia
43. (1) Subject to subsection (2), no person shall fish for gaspereau in the inland waters of Nova Scotia by any means other than angling during the period beginning at sunset and ending at sunrise.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply in the inland waters of Halifax and Yarmouth Counties to a person who holds a licence to fish for gaspereau with a dip net at a dip stand.
44. No person shall, in the inland waters of any river in Nova Scotia,
(a) fish for gaspereau with a square net that is more than 3.65 m2; or
(b) erect or use a square net fixture that extends more than one third of the way across the width of the river or that has an outside wall of more than 9 m in length.
45. Every holder of a licence to fish for gaspereau with a square net in the inland waters of a river in Nova Scotia shall
(a) during the applicable weekly close time for gaspereau in those waters set out in column IV of Schedule V, remove the square net from the water; and
(b) provide an opening that is at least 60 cm wide and 60 cm high in the wall of the square net fixture that extends across the river.
46. No person shall fish for gaspereau in the inland waters of Inverness County with a trap net that is more than 15 m in length, measured from the upstream end of the trap net to the downstream end and including any leader that is attached to it.
- Date modified: