77. No person shall fish for silversides with a trap net that has a mesh size of more than 65 mm.
78. This Part does not apply in respect of recreational fishing for smallmouth bass
(a) by angling or with set lines in the waters set out in Schedule IX during the period beginning on January 1 and ending on March 31; or
(b) in the waters set out in section 116.
79. No person shall fish for smallmouth bass except by angling.
80. No person shall fish for smallmouth bass in the waters set out in column I of an item of the table to this section during the close time set out in column II of that item.
|Column I||Column II||Column III||Column IV||Column V|
|Item||Waters||Close Time||Fishing Quota||Minimum Length||Maximum Length|
|1.||Inland and tidal waters of Nova Scotia.||Nov. 1 to Mar. 31||5||10 cm||60 cm|
|2.||Inland and tidal waters of New Brunswick.||July 1 to Sept. 15||2||30 cm||60 cm|
|3.||Inland and tidal waters of Prince Edward Island.||Sept. 16 to Apr. 14||10||23 cm||60 cm|
- SOR/2001-452, s. 24.
Quotas and Length Restrictions
81. No person shall catch and retain in any day from the waters set out in column I of an item of the table to section 80
(a) more smallmouth bass than the fishing quota set out in column III of that item; or
(b) any smallmouth bass the length of which is less than the minimum length set out in column IV, or more than the maximum length set out in column V.
- SOR/2001-452, s. 25.
- Date modified: