46 (1) Where a contract holder has not paid an amount due under a contract and has not surrendered the contract pursuant to section 44 within 30 days after the amount became due, or where the Executive Director determines that a contract holder has failed to comply with the contract or with these Regulations, the Executive Director may direct the contract holder to take action immediately to remedy the situation.
(2) Where the Executive Director determines that a contract holder has not commenced to remedy a situation within 30 days after the date of receipt of a direction given under subsection (1) or, having commenced to remedy the situation within that period, has failed to continue to diligently remedy the situation, the Executive Director may cancel the contract.
(3) The cancellation of a contract under subsection (2) does not relieve the contract holder from any liabilities arising under the contract, including any liability for abandonment and reclamation costs.
(4) The Executive Director shall advise the band council of any directions given, or cancellations made, under this section.
(a) inspect the wells, plant, equipment and operations of an operator that are related to production from a contract area;
(b) examine the records of an operator at the operation location or at the office of the operator;
(c) attend at the drilling, testing and completion of any well that is related to a contract area; or
(d) attend at any location on Indian lands where exploratory work is being conducted pursuant to these Regulations.
(2) Where facilities for the processing of oil and gas are located outside the contract area and are operated by a person other than the contract holder, the contract holder shall make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the band council and the Executive Director have access to those facilities for inspection purposes.
48 (1) Subject to the Access to Information Act, except as otherwise provided in this section, the band council and the Executive Director shall, for a period in keeping with the practice of the province in which the work is performed or for any other period agreed to by the contract holder, the Executive Director and the band council, keep confidential information that is contained in a report submitted by a contract holder pursuant to these Regulations other than information in respect of
(2) Information in a report in respect of a contract or area referred to in paragraph (1)(a) or (b) shall not be released before the earlier of
(3) Subject to subsections (4) and (5), seismic information that is specific to a permit or lease area and that is submitted pursuant to subparagraph 9(2)(c)(ii) by, or on behalf of, a contract holder or reviewed pursuant to subsection 9(5) shall be kept confidential by the band council and by the Executive Director until the earlier of
(4) Interpretations of seismic data, including maps, that are provided by the contract holder shall not be released without the consent of the contract holder.
(5) Information contained in a report provided by the contract holder pursuant to these Regulations may be released at any time with the consent of the contract holder.
(6) Any information that is obtained under section 47 shall be kept confidential, except where its disclosure is necessary to ensure compliance with the contract or these Regulations.
- Date modified: