DELEGATION OF POWERS
3. (1) The Deputy Minister may delegate any of the powers, functions or duties of the Deputy Minister under these Regulations to one or more persons under the jurisdiction of the Deputy Minister.
(2) The deputy head of an employing department other than the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade may delegate any of the powers, functions or duties of the deputy head under these Regulations to one or more persons under the jurisdiction of the deputy head.
- SOR/98-13, s. 4.
4. No person may be appointed, rejected, transferred, laid off or subject to revocation of appointment under these Regulations unless
(a) in the case of a non-integrated employee, the deputy head of the employing department concurs; or
(b) in the case of an integrated employee, the immediate supervisor of the employee has been consulted.
5. (1) Subject to subsection (2), the Deputy Minister may employ persons locally at a Mission as employees for a specified period or an indeterminate period in accordance with these Regulations.
(2) A vacant position at a Mission shall be filled by competition, subject to priority appointment given to laid off employees under subsection 11(3) of these Regulations.
(3) Where more than one person is eligible for priority under subsection 11(3), the Deputy Minister shall appoint the most meritorious person.
(4) Where no candidate is found qualified to perform at the full level of a position, an appointment to the position may be made at a lower level.
(5) An employee who is appointed for a specified period ceases to be an employee at the expiration of that period.
(6) Despite subsection (2), the Deputy Minister may authorize the transfer of an employee to another position in a Mission if the employee meets the requirements of the position to be filled using the selection criteria stated in section 7.
- SOR/98-13, ss. 5, 9.
6. (1) The Deputy Minister of National Defence may employ persons locally at a Mission as civilian employees for a specified period or an indeterminate period in accordance with these Regulations.
(2) All the powers, functions and duties of the Deputy Minister under these Regulations with respect to employees may be exercised by the Deputy Minister of National Defence with respect to civilian employees.
(3) Any provision applying to employees in these Regulations also applies to civilian employees.
- SOR/98-13, s. 6;
- SOR/2002-197, s. 4.
6.1 [Repealed, SOR/2002-197, s. 5]
7. Where an appointment to a position is to be made by competition, other than an appointment pursuant to section 8 of these Regulations, the most meritorious candidate shall be selected by assessment of candidates in accordance with the requirements of the positions using the following criteria:
(d) abilities and skills;
(e) personal suitability;
(f) aptitudes; and
(g) occupational certification.
- Date modified: