General Alarm System
(2) Every general alarm system referred to in subsection (1) shall be
(3) Where a general alarm system for an installation is being inspected, maintained or repaired, the operator of the installation shall ensure that the functions that the system performs are performed manually.
35 (1) The piping system and associated equipment of every installation shall be designed and installed in accordance with American Petroleum Institute RP 14E, Recommended Practice for Design and Installation of Offshore Production Platform Piping Systems.
(2) Every pressure vessel or fired vessel on a production installation shall be designed and constructed in accordance with the following standards:
(a) American Petroleum Institute Spec 12J, Specification for Oil and Gas Separators;
(b) sections I, II, IV, V, VII, VIII and IX of American Society of Mechanical Engineers ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code; and
(c) Canadian Standards Association B51-M1991, Boiler, Pressure Vessel, and Pressure Piping Code.
(3) Every compressor in hydrocarbon service at a production installation shall be designed in accordance with the following standards:
(a) Canadian Standards Association CAN/CSA-Z184-92, Gas Pipeline Systems;
(b) American Petroleum Institute STD 617, Centrifugal Compressors for General Refinery Service;
(c) American Petroleum Institute STD 618, Reciprocating Compressors for General Refinery Services; and
(d) American Petroleum Institute STD 619, Rotary-Type Positive Displacement Compressors for General Refinery Services.
(4) All materials and procedures used in a production installation used to produce and process sour gas shall conform to National Association of Corrosion Engineers (U.S.) MR-01-75, Sulfide Stress Cracking Resistant Metallic Materials for Oil Field Equipment.
(5) Where an operator handles, treats or processes oil, gas or water that contains hydrogen sulphide, the operator shall do so in accordance with good industry practice to minimize the discharge of hydrogen sulphide into the environment and to ensure that the operation is carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Date modified: