Entry Denied to Things or Conveyances en Route to Canada
44. Any inspector may prohibit the entry into Canada or its territorial sea, as defined in the Oceans Act, of any thing or conveyance, where the Minister or an inspector believes on reasonable grounds that the thing or conveyance
(a) is a pest or is infested or is suspected of being infested;
(b) constitutes or could constitute a biological obstacle to the control of a pest; or
(c) on entering Canada, would be in contravention of a provision of the Act or any regulation or order made thereunder.
- SOR/2002-438, s. 20;
- SOR/2009-326, s. 11(F).
MOVEMENT OF THINGS
45. (1) A Movement Certificate may contain conditions specified by the Minister or an inspector that are necessary to prevent the spread of a pest or biological obstacle to the control of a pest and may specify a period of validity.
(2) Where a Movement Certificate is required in respect of a thing by the Act or any regulation or order made thereunder or by the Minister or an inspector pursuant to the Minister’s or inspector’s powers under the Act or any regulation or order made thereunder, no person shall move the thing unless the person
(a) obtains a Movement Certificate; and
(b) complies with all the conditions set out in the Movement Certificate.
(3) No person shall move any thing in respect of which a Movement Certificate is required under subsection (2) unless all the conditions set out in the Movement Certificate respecting the thing prior to movement have been complied with.
- SOR/2009-326, s. 12.
46. (1) No person, other than an inspector, shall alter, deface or erase any information or statement on a Movement Certificate.
(2) A Movement Certificate is void where
(a) a person does not comply with any condition referred to in paragraph 45(2)(b) or does not comply with any provision of the Act or any regulation or order made thereunder; or
(b) a person other than an inspector has altered or defaced the Movement Certificate or has erased any information on the Movement Certificate.
(3) No person shall substitute any other thing for a thing in respect of which a Movement Certificate is issued.
Written Authorization to Move
47. For the purposes of subsection 6(2) of the Act, the inspector’s authorization may be in the form of a Movement Certificate.
- SOR/2009-326, s. 13.
48. (1) Any thing in respect of which a Movement Certificate is issued shall bear a tag or label, or be accompanied by an invoice, that clearly identifies the thing, the origin of the thing and its final destination.
(2) Any label, tag or invoice referred to in subsection (1) shall also state the name and complete address of the consignee and consignor.
- Date modified: