23. [Repealed, SOR/2004-91, s. 13]
24. A system vendor shall display the complete unedited text of these Regulations in the reference information maintained in its system.
25. Where a system vendor adds any improvement to distribution facilities, service enhancements or the equipment used to provide distribution facilities or service enhancements, it shall offer, and provide information about, that improvement to all participating carriers, subject to any technical constraints that are outside the control of the system vendor.
- SOR/2004-91, s. 14;
- SOR/2009-167, s. 4(F).
26. A system vendor shall not make available to subscribers the internal reservations system display of a participating carrier unless
(a) all participating carriers are offered the capability to make their internal reservations system displays available to subscribers; and
(b) a subscriber may see the internal reservations system display only by requesting it for a specific transaction.
- SOR/2004-91, s. 15.
27. and 28. [Repealed, SOR/2004-91, s. 16]
OBLIGATIONS OF SUBSCRIBERS
29. A subscriber shall provide to a consumer all the information provided by participating carriers and charterers pursuant to section 14 respecting each service in which the consumer expresses an interest
(a) orally, at the time the consumer expresses an interest and at the time of reservation or sale; and
(b) in writing, at the time of reservation, when requested by the consumer, and at the time the ticket is issued.
30. In any direct oral communication with a consumer concerning a flight that is part of a code-sharing arrangement or long-term wet lease, a subscriber shall
(a) inform the consumer, before booking transportation, that the transporting carrier is not the carrier whose designator code will appear on the ticket and shall identify the transporting carrier; and
(b) at the time of sale, provide the consumer with written notice of the carrier that will be operating the service or segment of an itinerary.
31. When a transaction between a subscriber and a consumer takes place in an alternative communications medium where there is no oral exchange or written record, the subscriber may maintain evidence of having met the requirements of section 29 by including a notation in the passenger name record (PNR) that the information was communicated to the consumer.
32. No carrier shall require, directly or indirectly, a subscriber or potential subscriber to use a system as a condition for obtaining any benefit, commission, rebate, discount or other incentive for the sale of, or as a condition for obtaining access to, air services provided by it or its affiliates.
- Date modified: