Regulations Respecting Zoning at Burwash Airport
P.C. 1995-1186 1995-07-26
Whereas, pursuant to section 5.5Footnote * of the Aeronautics Act, a copy of the proposed Regulations respecting zoning at Burwash Airport, substantially in the form annexed hereto, was published in two successive issues of the Canada Gazette Part I, on February 18 and 25, 1995, and in two successive issues of The Whitehorse Star on February 23 and 24, 1995, and a reasonable opportunity was thereby afforded to interested persons to make representations to the Minister of Transport with respect thereto;
Return to footnote *R.S., c. 33 (1st Supp.), s. 1
Therefore, His Excellency the Governor General in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister of Transport, pursuant to section 5.4Footnote ** of the Aeronautics Act, is pleased hereby to make the annexed Regulations respecting zoning at Burwash Airport.
Return to footnote **S.C. 1992, c. 4, s. 10
2. (1) In these Regulations,
“airport” means the Burwash Airport, in the vicinity of Burwash Landing, in the Yukon Territory; (aéroport)
- “airport reference point”
“airport reference point” means the point described in Part I of the schedule; (point de référence de l’aéroport)
- “approach surfaces”
“approach surfaces” means the imaginary inclined planes that extend upward and outward from each end of a strip, which planes are more particularly described in Part II of the schedule; (surfaces d’approche)
- “outer surface”
“outer surface” means an imaginary plane located above and in the immediate vicinity of the airport, which plane is more particularly described in Part III of the schedule; (surfaceextérieure)
“strip” means a rectangular portion of the landing area of the airport, including the runway, that is prepared for the take-off and landing of aircraft in a particular direction, which rectangular portion is more particularly described in Part IV of the schedule; (bande)
- “transitional surfaces”
“transitional surfaces” means the imaginary inclined planes that extend upward and outward from the lateral limits of a strip and the approach surfaces, which planes are more particularly described in Part V of the schedule. (surfaces de transition)
(2) For the purposes of these Regulations, the elevation of the airport reference point is 793.7 m above sea level.
3. These Regulations apply to all land, including public road allowances, that is adjacent to or in the vicinity of the airport, which land is more particularly described in Part VI of the schedule.
4. No person shall erect or construct, on any land to which these Regulations apply, a building, structure or object or an addition to an existing building, structure or object, the highest point of which will exceed in elevation at the location of that point
(a) the approach surfaces;
(b) the outer surface; or
(c) the transitional surfaces.
- Date modified: