51 A summary of an application for registration referred to in paragraph 26(2)(b) of the Act shall include the following information, where applicable:
(a) the name and address of the registered owner at the time of registration of the trade-mark;
(b) the trade-mark and any disclaimer with respect to that trade-mark;
(c) the wares and services in respect of which registration of the trade-mark has been requested and, in the case of a proposed trade-mark, in respect of which the declaration of use of the trade-mark in Canada required by subsection 40(2) of the Act has been filed;
(d) the number of the application for registration;
(e) the date of filing of the application and, where priority is claimed, the date of the priority filing of the application;
(f) the date or dates of first use of the trade-mark in Canada;
(g) the date or dates of first making known of the trade-mark in Canada; and
(h) the country of origin of the applicant or the applicant’s predecessor in title and the name of a country other than Canada in which the trade-mark has been used.
52 The register, pursuant to paragraph 26(2)(f) of the Act, shall indicate, in respect of each registered trade-mark, the following particulars, where applicable:
(a) the territorial area to which the registration extends;
(b) the registration number;
(c) the registration number of each associated trade-mark;
(d) the name and address of the original registered owner;
(e) the name and address of the representative for service of the current registered owner;
(f) a notation disclosing whether registrability has been recognized pursuant to subsection 12(2) or section 13 or 14 of the Act;
(g) the number and date of any registration abroad on which the registration is based and the country in or for which the registration was made; and
(h) the date of filing any declaration of use.
- SOR/99-292, s. 4.
OBJECTION PROCEEDINGS UNDER SECTION 11.13 OF THE ACT
53 (1) Any statement or other material required to be served on a party in an objection proceeding under section 11.13 of the Act or these Regulations may be served on the party or their trade-mark agent or representative for service
(2) For the purposes of subsection (1), unless the parties are agreed otherwise, if the party being served has appointed a trade-mark agent or has named a representative for service, service shall be effected on that agent or that representative for service.
(3) If service is effected by registered mail, service is deemed to be effected on the later of
(4) If service is effected by courier, service is deemed to be effected on the later of
(5) If service is effected by personal service or in any other manner with the consent of the party or their agent, service is deemed to be effected on the later of
(6) The party effecting service shall notify the Registrar of the manner of service and
(a) in the case of service by registered mail, the date of mailing of the statement or material;
(b) in the case of service by courier, the date of delivery of the statement or material to the courier; or
(c) in any other case, the date of delivery of the statement or material to the person being served.
- SOR/2007-91, s. 7.
- Date modified: