(2) If an application does not meet the requirements of section 28 of the Act entitling it to a filing date, the fee paid shall be refunded, less $25.
(3) Where an application is submitted to the Commissioner by mistake and the Commissioner is notified before the application has been assigned a number that the application is to be withdrawn, the fee paid on the withdrawn application shall be refunded, less $25.
(4) Where, through inadvertence, more than one application is filed for the same invention, by or on behalf of the same person, and where any one of such applications is withdrawn before examination, any fee paid on the withdrawn application shall be refunded, less one-half of the filing fee.
(5) Where the Commissioner sends a notice to the applicant pursuant to subsection 94(1) and the applicant does not comply with the requisition set out in that notice, any fee paid pursuant to that subsection shall be refunded, less $25.
(6) If a person pays a standard fee set out in an item of Schedule II, no refund shall be made solely for the reason that the appropriate fee is in fact the small entity fee set out in that item.
(7) Where a fee to register any document relating to a patent or an application is received and the document is not submitted, the fee paid shall be refunded.
(8) Where a request for the reinstatement of an abandoned application is received and the applicant does not comply with the requirements for reinstatement, any fee paid for reinstatement shall be refunded, less one-half of the reinstatement fee.
(9) Where a request for the reinstatement of an abandoned application is refused, any fee paid for reinstatement shall be refunded.
(10) A final fee referred to in subsection 30(1), (5), (6.2) or (6.3) shall be refunded if
(11) Where a candidate for the Patent Agents’ Examination withdraws the candidate’s name by written notice to the Commissioner received
(12) When the fee received with a request for a copy of a document is insufficient and the request is cancelled, the fee paid shall be refunded.
(13) When an application referred to in section 68 of the Act and presented under subsection 65(1) of the Act is not advertised in the Canadian Patent Office Record, any fee paid for advertising the application shall be refunded.
(14) Subject to subsections (2) to (13) and (15), any fee paid by mistake for copies of a document that the Patent Office does not have or paid in excess of the fee prescribed shall be refunded.
(15) No refund shall be made if the amount of the refund amounts to less than $1 or if the refund results from the exchange on foreign currency.
(16) No refund shall be made unless the request is made before the expiry of three years after the day on which the payment was made.
- SOR/2007-90, s. 3;
- SOR/2009-319, s. 2;
- SOR/2013-212, s. 2.
- Date modified: