[Repealed, SOR/2009-280, s. 27]
551.01 [Repealed, SOR/2009-280, s. 27]
Subpart 61 — Manufacture of Aeronautical Products
561.01 In this Subpart,
- “design approval”
“design approval” means a type certificate, a supplemental type certificate, a part design approval, a Canadian Technical Standard Order (CAN-TSO) design approval or a document equivalent to any of those documents that is issued by the airworthiness authority of a foreign state; (approbation de conception)
“manual” means the manual established under section 561.07; (manuel)
- “Standard 561”
“Standard 561” means Standard 561 — Standard for Approved Manufacturers. (norme 561)
- SOR/2005-348, s. 4;
- SOR/2009-280, s. 28.
561.02 This Subpart applies in respect of the manufacture of an aeronautical product in respect of which a design approval has been issued but does not apply in respect of
(b) the manufacture of standard parts;
(c) the manufacture of commercial parts; or
(d) the manufacture of parts during a repair or modification under subsection 571.06(4).
- SOR/2005-348, s. 4.
Manufacturer Certificate — Application, Issuance and Amendment
561.03 (1) An applicant for the issuance or amendment of a manufacturer certificate respecting an aeronautical product shall submit an application to the Minister that includes the documents specified in section 561.03 of Standard 561.
(2) An applicant for the issuance or amendment of a manufacturer certificate respecting an aeronautical product shall
(a) be the holder of, or applicant for, a design approval for that aeronautical product; or
(b) have written authorization from the holder of a design approval to manufacture that aeronautical product.
(3) An applicant for the issuance or amendment of a manufacturer certificate respecting an aeronautical product shall demonstrate that they have access to all present and future design data, process specifications and other related information necessary for the continuing airworthiness of the aeronautical product.
(4) The Minister shall issue or amend a manufacturer certificate authorizing an applicant to manufacture the aeronautical products set out in the manufacturer certificate if the applicant meets the requirements of this Subpart.
(5) A manufacturer certificate may authorize the manufacture of a limited number of an aeronautical product where
(a) an applicant has made an application for a design approval for that aeronautical product but it has not yet been issued; or
(b) an applicant is about to enter into a license agreement with the holder of the design approval for that aeronautical product.
(6) Unless an expiry date is specified in the manufacturer certificate issued under subsection (4), the certificate shall remain in effect until it is surrendered by the manufacturer or suspended or cancelled.
(7) A manufacturer certificate is not transferable.
(8) Except as provided in section 561.06, the final assembly facilities for an aeronautical product specified in a manufacturer certificate shall be located in Canada.
- SOR/2005-348, s. 4.
- Date modified: