Person Responsible for Maintenance
573.04 (1) The person responsible for maintenance shall, within 30 days after their appointment under paragraph 573.03(1)(a), submit to the Minister a signed statement that they accept the responsibilities of their position.
(2) The person responsible for maintenance shall manage the activities of the approved maintenance organization (AMO) in accordance with the policies set out in the maintenance policy manual (MPM) established under section 573.10.
(3) The person responsible for maintenance shall, where a finding resulting from a quality assurance program established under subsection 573.09(1) or a safety management system referred to in section 573.30 is reported to them,
(a) determine what, if any, corrective actions are required and carry out those actions;
(b) keep a record of any determination made under paragraph (a) and the reason for it;
(c) if management functions have been assigned to another person under subsection (4) or (5), communicate any determination regarding a corrective action to that person; and
(d) notify the accountable executive of any systemic deficiency and of the corrective action taken.
(4) The person responsible for maintenance may assign the management functions for the entire quality assurance program established under subsection 573.09(1) or for the safety management system referred to in 573.30 to another person if
(a) that person meets the requirements set out in paragraphs 573.03(1)(c) and (d) and subsection 573.03(6); and
(b) the assignment and its scope are described in the AMO's MPM.
(5) The person responsible for maintenance may assign the management functions for specific maintenance activities to another person if the assignment and its scope are described in the AMO's MPM.
(6) The responsibility of the person responsible for maintenance is not affected by the assignment to another person of management functions under subsection (4) or (5).
- SOR/2005-173, s. 16.
Authorization to Sign a Maintenance Release
573.05 (1) No approved maintenance organization (AMO) certificate holder shall authorize a person to sign a maintenance release unless the person meets the applicable requirements of section 571.11 and has successfully completed the training required by section 573.06.
(2) No AMO certificate holder shall authorize a person to sign a maintenance release under paragraph 571.11(2)(c) unless the person has, in respect of the work being certified, demonstrated to the certificate holder levels of knowledge and experience that are appropriate and that meet the applicable criteria set out in section 573.05 of Standard 573 — Approved Maintenance Organizations.
- SOR/2005-173, s. 17.
573.06 (1) An approved maintenance organization (AMO) certificate holder shall implement a training program to ensure that persons authorized to perform or supervise the performance of any function under this Subpart are trained in respect of the regulations, the standards and the AMO procedures applicable to that function.
(2) The program required by subsection (1) shall include initial training, updating and any other training necessary, within the meaning assigned to those terms in section 573.06 of Standard 573 — Approved Maintenance Organizations, to ensure continued qualification that is appropriate to the function to be performed or supervised.
- SOR/2005-173, s. 18.
- Date modified: