Contents of ATS Operations Certificate
801.06 An ATS operations certificate shall contain
(a) the legal name, trade name and address of the holder of the certificate;
(b) the number of the certificate;
(c) the date of issue of the certificate;
(d) the effective date of certification;
(e) the types of air traffic services that the holder of the certificate is authorized to provide; and
(f) a list of the operational locations for which an ATS site manual has been approved by the Minister.
Contents of ATS Site Manual
(2) An ATS site manual shall contain
(a) a table of contents;
(b) any information relating to the administration of the air traffic control unit or flight service station, including
(i) a record of any amendments to the manual,
(ii) a list of the holders of copies of the manual,
(iii) a description of the procedure for amending the manual,
(iv) a description of the organizational structure of the air traffic control unit management or the flight service station management,
(v) a statement, signed by the holder of the ATS operations certificate, certifying that the manual is complete and accurate, and
(vi) a statement, signed by the Minister, indicating that the Minister has approved the manual;
(c) any information relating to the operation of the air traffic control unit or flight service station, including
(i) a description of the airspace and its classification,
(ii) where applicable, a description of the manoeuvring area and the movement area of the airport, and
(iii) a description of a system to ensure that any operational information necessary for operational staff to perform their duties or functions is available on a daily basis;
(d) in the case where air traffic advisory services or flight information services are provided, a description of the procedures for providing those services;
(e) a description of the procedures for providing emergency assistance services;
(f) a copy of any agreements or memoranda of understanding relating to the operation of the air traffic control unit or flight service station; and
(g) in the case of an air traffic control unit or flight service station that is located at an airport, all information pertaining to the airport in respect of
Provision of Air Traffic Services in accordance with ATS Site Manual
801.08 No holder of an ATS operations certificate shall provide air traffic services at an operational location unless the services are provided in accordance with
(a) the ATS site manual; and
(b) in the case of air traffic control services, the Canadian Domestic Air Traffic Control Separation Standards.
Training and Competency of Flight Service Specialists
(a) has successfully completed
(b) has been certified by the holder of the certificate as being competent to perform those functions.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of a person who, under supervision, acts as a flight service specialist while undergoing
(3) The holder of an ATS operations certificate who operates a flight service station shall
(a) maintain, for each person who acts as a flight service specialist, a training record showing the place where and the date on which the person successfully completed the training referred to in paragraph (1)(a); and
(b) at the request of the Minister, provide the Minister with a copy of the training record of any person acting as a flight service specialist at that flight service station.
- SOR/2002-352, s. 7;
- SOR/2007-290, s. 12.
Provision of Air Traffic Services in Accordance with the ESCAT Plan
801.10 If the holder of an ATS operations certificate is notified by the Minister of National Defence of the implementation of the ESCAT plan, the certificate holder shall ensure that air traffic services are provided to aircraft in accordance with the contents of the plan.
- SOR/2002-352, s. 8.
Subpart 2 — Aeronautical Telecommunications
802.01 In this Subpart, aeronautical telecommunications system includes radio navigation aids and aeronautical communications systems.
Aeronautical Telecommunications Systems
(2) No person shall perform a function related to the installation, maintenance or operation of any aeronautical telecommunications equipment unless the person has successfully completed training in the performance of that function and has been certified by the operator of the aeronautical telecommunications system as being competent to perform that function.
(3) A person who operates any ground equipment in support of satellite navigation systems shall ensure that
(4) A person who operates any equipment that is part of an aeronautical telecommunications system referred to in subsection (1) or (3) shall, at the request of the Minister, provide the Minister with a copy of the documentation referred to in paragraph (1)(b) or (3)(b).
Subpart 3 — Aeronautical Information Services
Provision of Aeronautical Information Services
(2) No person shall provide aeronautical information services except in accordance with the standards set out in Annexes 4 and 15 to the Convention.
- SOR/2002-352, s. 9.
Development and Publication of Instrument Procedures
803.02 No person shall publish or submit for publishing in the Canada Air Pilot an instrument procedure unless the procedure has been developed
(a) in accordance with the standards and criteria specified in the manual entitled Criteria for the Development of Instrument Procedures; and
(b) by a person who has successfully completed training in the interpretation and application of the standards and criteria specified in the manual entitled Criteria for the Development of Instrument Procedures, which training has been accepted by the Minister.
- Date modified: