53. (1) The licensee shall separately calculate the contributions required under section 52 on the basis of its gross revenues derived from broadcasting activities in the previous broadcast year.
(2) Each contribution shall be made separately by the licensee in 12 equal monthly instalments during the broadcast year, with an instalment being made on or before the last day of each month.
(3) Despite subsections (1) and (2), if the licensee’s gross revenues derived from broadcasting activities in the previous broadcast year are not known when an instalment is to be made, that instalment shall be equal to an amount that is 1/12 of the contribution to be made, calculated on the basis of an estimate of those gross revenues.
- SOR/2003-217, s. 29;
- SOR/2006-11, s. 6(F);
- SOR/2011-148, s. 8.
54. (1) If, as a result of the calculations performed under subsection 53(1), a contribution made by a licensee for a broadcast year is greater than the amount required under section 52, the licensee may deduct the excess from the amount of that contribution that is required for the subsequent broadcast year; however, if it is less than the amount required, the licensee shall make the balance of the contribution by December 31 of the subsequent broadcast year.
(2) Despite subsection (1), if, as a result of the calculations performed under subsection 53(1), the contribution made by a licensee under subparagraph 52(c)(ii) is greater than the amount required to be contributed under that provision, the licensee is entitled to a refund of the excess.
- SOR/99-302, s. 1;
- SOR/2003-217, s. 30;
- SOR/2011-148, s. 8;
- SOR/2012-165, s. 4.
[Repealed, SOR/2011-148, s. 8]
55. [Repealed, SOR/2011-148, s. 8]
56. [Repealed, SOR/2011-148, s. 8]
REPEAL AND COMING INTO FORCE
Coming into Force
58. These Regulations come into force on January 1, 1998.
- Date modified: