DUTIES OF THE REGISTRAR
7. (1) The Registrar shall assign:
(a) a public agency identification number to any public service agency or unit that applies for one under section 6 or reports that it has possession of a firearm; and
(b) a firearm identification number to an agency firearm or a protected firearm reported under subsection 8(1), 8.1(1), 9(1) or 10(1) or (1.1) in respect of which a firearm identification number has not already been assigned.
(2) In the case of a protected firearm that does not bear either a serial number sufficient to distinguish it from other firearms or a firearm identification number, the Registrar shall issue a sticker that bears the firearm identification number assigned to the firearm.
- SOR/2004-265, s. 3.
CHANGE OF NAME OR ADDRESS
7.1 Every public service agency and unit that has been assigned a public agency identification number shall advise the Registrar of a change of its name or address within 30 days after the change.
- SOR/2004-265, s. 4.
INITIAL FIREARM INVENTORY
8. (1) Every public service agency shall ensure that on or before October 31, 2009 the Registrar is provided with one or more reports that set out the inventory of all agency firearms and protected firearms in the agency’s possession on October 31, 2008.
(1.1) For the purposes of subsection (1), inventory does not include protected firearms in the public service agency’s possession on October 31, 2008 that the agency intends to dispose of on or before October 31, 2009.
(1.2) A report shall include the name and the public agency identification number of the public service agency or unit making the report.
(2) For each agency firearm set out in a report referred to in subsection (1), the public service agency or unit making the report shall include the following information:
(a) serial number, if any;
(c) the name of the manufacturer if different from the make;
(d) model, if known;
(g) calibre or gauge;
(h) the barrel length if it is shorter than 470 mm; and
(i) the quantity of ammunition that the cartridge magazine can contain.
(3) For each protected firearm set out in a report referred to in subsection (1), the public service agency or unit making the report shall include the following information:
(a) the serial number, if any;
(b) the type;
(c) whether the barrel length is shorter than 470 mm; and
(d) the case reference or file reference respecting the firearm, if applicable.
(4) [Repealed, SOR/2004-265, s. 5]
- SOR/98-468, s. 2;
- SOR/99-109, s. 2;
- SOR/2001-9, s. 1;
- SOR/2002-443, s. 1;
- SOR/2003-401, s. 1;
- SOR/2004-265, s. 5;
- SOR/2005-240, s. 1;
- SOR/2006-258, ss. 1, 2.
- Date modified: