25. (1) No person shall fish with a minnow trap unless
(a) it is visibly and legibly marked with the person’s name and address; or
(b) it does not exceed 60 cm in length or 30 cm in width, depth or diameter.
(2) No person shall fish with more than two minnow traps.
26. No person shall fish with a seine net that exceeds 3 m in length or 2 m in depth.
Bow and Arrow Restrictions
27. (1) No person shall fish with a bow and arrow for Arctic grayling, trout, mountain whitefish, lake sturgeon, walleye or northern pike.
(2) No person shall fish with a crossbow.
- SOR/99-349, s. 3.
28. (1) No person shall fish with a spear except when swimming and unless the spear is propelled by a spring, an elastic, compressed gas or by hand.
(2) Despite subsection (1), no person shall fish with a spear for Arctic grayling, trout, mountain whitefish, lake sturgeon, walleye or northern pike.
- SOR/99-349, s. 4.
29. This Part applies to any person engaged in fishing under the authority of a licence issued under the Act or the provincial Act that authorizes the holder of the licence to sell fish.
30. Except when sportfishing, no person shall fish for bait fish unless authorized by a Commercial Bait Fishing Licence issued under the provincial Act.
31. (1) No person shall fish in the waters set out in column 1 of an item of Part 1 or 2 of Schedule 8 during a close time set out in column 3 of that item using gear set out in column 2 of that item.
(2) If a close time for fishing with gill nets is varied under subsection 3(1) to permit fishing, the Director shall specify in the order that one or more of the gill net mesh size limits set out in the table to this subsection are permitted.
Item Permitted Mesh Size 1. 51 mm 2. not less than 51 mm 3. 63 mm 4. not less than 63 mm 5. 70 mm 6. not less than 70 mm 7. 76 mm 8. not less than 76 mm 9. 89 mm 10. not less than 89 mm 11. 102 mm 12. not less than 102 mm 13. not more than 102 mm 14. 114 mm 15. not less than 114 mm 16. 127 mm 17. not less than 127 mm 18. 140 mm 19. not less than 140 mm 20. 152 mm 21. not less than 152 mm 22. 159 mm 23. not less than 159 mm 24. 165 mm 25. not less than 165 mm 26. 178 mm 27. not less than 178 mm
- Date modified: