Environmental Assessment Review Panel Service Charges Order
The Minister of the Environment, pursuant to Order in Council P.C. 1998-1495 of 26 August, 1998Footnote a, made pursuant to paragraph 19(1)(b)Footnote b of the Financial Administration Act, hereby makes the annexed Environmental Assessment Review Panel Service Charges Order.
Ottawa, August 26, 1998
1. The definitions in this section apply in this Order.
“Act” means the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act. (Loi)
“Agency” means the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency established by section 61 of the Act. (Agence)
“charges” means all charges for services, including per diem fees for the review panel members, travel costs and other operating costs attributable to a review panel. (prix)
“project” means a project for which an environmental assessment is required under the Act. (projet)
“proponent”, in respect of a project, means the person or body that proposes a project referred to a review panel under the Act. (promoteur)
- “review panel”
“review panel” means a body established pursuant to section 33 of the Act to conduct an environmental assessment of a project and consider factors required to be considered under subsections 16(1) and (2) of the Act, and includes a review panel established pursuant to subsection 40(2) or (2.1) of the Act. (commission)
“services” means environmental assessment services relating to review panels conducted pursuant to the Act. (services)
- SOR/2002-2, s. 1.
2. (1) This Order prescribes the charges to be paid by proponents of projects for services that are provided by the Agency.
(2) This Order does not apply to the following proponents:
(a) a federal authority within the meaning of subsection 2(1) of the Act;
(b) the Commissioner in Council or an agency or body of the Yukon Territory, the Northwest Territories or Nunavut;
(c) the council of a band within the meaning of the Indian Act; and
(d) a provincial government, except in the case of a provincial Crown corporation.
- SOR/2002-2, s. 2.
3. (1) The charges to be paid by a proponent for a service set out in column 1 of an item of the schedule are the charges set out in column 2 of that item.
(2) No charges are payable with respect to a project in which the involvement of a federal authority within the meaning of subsection 2(1) of the Act is limited to the provision of funding.
(3) No charges are payable with respect to services where the members of the review panel were appointed before August 26, 1998.
- SOR/2002-2, s. 3.
- Date modified: