REVIEW OF SURVEYING ACTIVITIES
39 A review of the surveying activities of members of the Association to ensure the maintenance of minimum standards of surveying shall consist of a review of survey plans, documents and drawings pertaining to surveys made by those members, and may include any of the following:
(a) a field inspection of the work depicted in the survey plans, documents and drawings;
(b) an examination of files and other documents pertaining to the production of survey plans, documents and drawings of the members of the Association and permit holders; and
(c) a written report of each plan review, field inspection and examination conducted under this section.
40 The Council shall appoint one or more Canada Lands Surveyors to review the surveying activities of members of the Association.
41 (1) Reports of the results of reviews of the surveying activities of members of the Association shall be based on compliance with the requirements of these Regulations and the Act and any other Act governing surveying standards.
(2) Reports of the results of reviews of the surveying activities of members of the Association shall be submitted to the Registrar.
42 The Registrar shall maintain a file for each member of the Association and shall keep in that file all reports of reviews of the surveying activities pertaining to the member, and notify the member of any change to the member’s file.
COMPLAINT AND DISCIPLINE PROCESSES
(2) When the Registrar receives a request under paragraph 25(5)(a) of the Act, the Registrar shall notify the Council and, if the Council agrees with the request, it shall appoint a person to swear a charge under oath or affirmation in the name of the Association and to file the charge with the Registrar.
(3) Where a complainant personally swears a charge under oath or affirmation under paragraph 25(5)(b) of the Act, the charge shall be filed by the complainant with the Registrar.
Discipline Process and Conduct of Hearings
44 (1) Before the holding of a hearing by the Discipline Committee, the Registrar shall serve on the member of the Association, Canada Lands Surveyor or permit holder whose conduct is the subject of the hearing, and on the complainant, a notice of hearing, signed by the chairperson of the Committee, stating the date, time and place at which the Committee will hold the hearing together with a detailed description of the allegations in respect of which the hearing will be held and a statement of material facts in respect of each allegation.
(2) A notice of hearing shall be served at least 30 days before the date of the hearing.
(3) The Discipline Committee, on receipt of proof of service of the notice of hearing on the member of the Association, Canada Lands Surveyor or permit holder, and on the complainant, may
- SOR/2011-291, s. 12.
- Date modified: