50. [Repealed, SOR/2011-291, s. 14]
51. The Discipline Committee may adjourn a hearing at any time.
52. No member of the Discipline Committee shall participate in a decision of the Committee following a hearing unless the member was present throughout the hearing and heard the evidence and argument of all parties.
53. All decisions of the Discipline Committee require the vote of a majority of the members of the Committee present at the meeting at which the vote is held.
54. For every hearing held by the Discipline Committee, a record shall be compiled consisting of the allegation and the notice referred to in subsection 44(1), any rulings or orders made in the course of the proceeding, a summary of the oral evidence presented at the hearing, any copies of documents and things that were placed in evidence and the decision and the reasons for it.
- SOR/2003-1, s. 9(E).
55. Documents and things received in evidence shall be released to the persons who produced them within a reasonable time after the matter has been finally determined.
Powers of the Discipline Committee
56. For the purpose of paragraph 31(1)(e) of the Act, if the Discipline Committee finds a member of the Association or permit holder guilty of professional misconduct or incompetence, the Committee may impose any of the following terms and conditions on the member’s licence or permit holder’s permit:
(a) monitoring of the surveying activities of the member or permit holder;
(b) restriction of activities of the member or permit holder to a specified office, number of survey crews or area of expertise;
(c) requirement to have or acquire employees with specified expertise;
(d) requirement to have a qualified person to manage the financial aspects of the member’s or permit holder’s business; and
(e) the completion of specified education or training.
56.1 [Repealed, SOR/2011-291, s. 15]
Return to footnote 1SOR/79-657
COMING INTO FORCE
58. These Regulations come into force on March 18, 1999.
- Date modified: