22. (1) The Council shall, on the recommendation of the Board of Examiners, appoint as special examiners persons who are particularly conversant with the specific subjects set out in section 17 for which they will prepare examinations and appraise responses of candidates thereto.
(2) Every special examiner shall, before entering office, take the oath or affirmation required of members of the Board of Examiners under subsection 7(4).
Granting of Commissions
23. (1) Every candidate shall, before the Board of Examiners recommends the granting of a commission,
(a) take, before any person duly authorized to take oaths or affidavits, an oath (or solemn affirmation) in the following form:
I, ...................., do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully discharge the duties of a Canada Lands Surveyor according to law and without favour, affection or partiality. (Add, in the case of an oath: So help me God); and
(b) pay to the Registrar the fee, as set out in the by-laws, for a commission.
(2) The oath or affirmation referred to in paragraph 1(a) shall be in writing and signed by the candidate.
(3) Every commission shall be registered in the office of the Association by the Registrar, and a copy of the commission shall be retained by the Registrar.
(4) The oath or affirmation referred to in paragraph (1)(a) shall be sent by the candidate to the office of the Association and be filed by the Registrar.
- SOR/2003-1, s. 6.
Review of Decisions of the Board of Examiners
24. (1) Every person subject to a decision by the Board of Examiners may request that the Board review the decision by submitting both a written application to the Registrar within 21 days after the issue of the decision and the fee for review, as set out in the by-laws.
(2) If a request under subsection (1) is made, the Board of Examiners shall review the decision and respond to the person in writing within three months after the day on which the request was received.
Use of Title
25. (1) Subject to subsection (2), a person who holds a commission may not use the title “Canada Lands Surveyor” or “arpenteur des terres du Canada” or the letters “C.L.S” or “A.T.C.” or any form of those letters unless they are a member of the Association.
(2) No person shall use the title “Canada Lands Surveyor” or “arpenteur des terres du Canada” or the letters “C.L.S.” or “A.T.C.” or any form of those letters in connection with the name of an entity, unless the person holds a licence issued by the Association pursuant to the Act and these Regulations.
- SOR/2011-291, s. 3.
26. (1) Submission of the following to the Registrar is a requirement for the purposes of paragraph 52(d) of the Act:
(a) an application for a licence on the form provided by the Association;
(b) an affidavit or affidavits, on forms provided by the Association, verifying the completion of the experience and practical training required under paragraph 52(c) of the Act, detailing the period or periods and the nature of the experience and training, and stating the names and qualifications of the persons under whose supervision the experience and training was acquired;
(c) the annual licence fee for the current fiscal year, as set out in the by-laws, prorated for the period beginning on the first day of the month in which the application is filed and ending on the last day of the fiscal year of the Association;
(d) any other fee or levy imposed under the Act or these Regulations; and
(e) proof of professional liability insurance coverage or proof of exemption therefrom.
(2) A member of the Association, whose licence has been revoked for the non-payment of any fee or levy specified in the by-laws or whose licence has lapsed, is not required, in order to obtain a new licence, to submit the affidavit or affidavits referred to in paragraph (1)(b) if the revocation or lapse occurred less than five years before the day on which the new licence is applied for.
(3) For the purposes of subsection 55(1) of the Act, when the licence of a member of the Association has been revoked for professional misconduct or incompetence, their application for a new licence shall be made in the manner set out in paragraph (1)(a) and shall include the affidavit or affidavits, fees, levies and proof of insurance coverage or exemption set out in paragraphs (1)(b) to (e).
- SOR/2003-1, s. 7;
- SOR/2011-291, s. 4.
- Date modified: