27. (1) An application for a renewal of a licence shall be filed, on the form provided by the Association, with the Registrar before the end of the fiscal year of the Association.
(2) The Registrar shall renew the licence if the following conditions are met:
(a) the application was filed in accordance with subsection (1);
(b) the applicant holds a commission;
(c) the applicant is a member of the Association;
(d) the applicant provides, with their application, proof of professional liability insurance coverage or proof of exemption; and
(e) the applicant provides, with their application, the annual licence fee payable for the current fiscal year.
- SOR/2011-291, s. 5.
28. [Repealed, SOR/2011-291, s. 6]
PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY INSURANCE
29. (1) Every member of the Association who must have insurance against professional liability shall be insured through
(a) a master policy maintained by the Association for its members; or
(b) any other policy that meets the requirements as set out in subsection (4).
(2) The policy limit for each individual certificate under the master policy shall not be less than $250,000 for each single occurrence and $500,000 for all occurrences in any 12 month period.
(3) [Repealed, SOR/2011-291, s. 7]
(4) A policy not maintained by the Association shall provide at least the minimum coverage required under subsection (2) and shall contain a clause that the Association shall be given 10 days notice before the policy is cancelled.
- SOR/2011-291, s. 7.
30. A member of the Association who does not hold a licence is exempt from any requirement to be insured against professional liability as a Canada Lands Surveyor.
Proof of Professional Liability Insurance
31. Every member of the Association who holds a licence and is insured through a policy not maintained by the Association shall provide the Registrar with a copy of that policy and a notice of any change in that policy.
32. (1) An entity may apply for a permit by submitting to the Registrar
(a) an application for a permit on the form provided by the Association;
(b) names of the licensed members of the Association who will be personally responsible for the surveying services;
(c) the annual permit fee, as set out in the by-laws;
(d) any other fee or levy imposed under the Act or these Regulations; and
(e) proof of the required professional liability insurance coverage or proof of the entity’s exemption from it.
(2) For the purposes of subsection 61(1) of the Act, when the permit of an entity has been revoked for professional misconduct or incompetence, their application for a new permit shall be made in the manner set out in paragraph (1)(a) and shall include the information, fees, levies and proof of insurance coverage or exemption set out in paragraphs (1)(b) to (e).
- SOR/2003-1, s. 8(F);
- SOR/2006-188, s. 4;
- SOR/2011-291, s. 8.
- Date modified: