20. (1) A company shall develop a construction safety manual and shall submit it to the Board.
(1.1) If a company contracts for the provision of services in respect of the construction of a pipeline, the construction safety manual shall set out the contractor’s responsibilities referred to in paragraph 6.5(1)(l).
(2) A company shall keep a copy of the construction safety manual or the relevant parts of it at each construction site of the pipeline, in a location where it is accessible to every person engaged in construction at the site.
- SOR/2013-49, s. 9.
Right-of-way and Temporary Work Areas
21. After a pipeline is constructed, the right-of-way and temporary work areas of the pipeline shall be restored to a condition similar to the surrounding environment and consistent with the current land use.
Crossing a Utility or Private Road
22. When a pipeline is constructed across a utility or private road, the company constructing the pipeline shall ensure that there is no undue interference with the use of the utility or road during construction.
Pressure Testing Program
23. Before putting a pipeline into service, a company shall develop a program in respect of pressure tests to be conducted for pipe and components used in its pipeline and shall submit it to the Board when required to do so.
- SOR/2007-50, s. 10.
Permits for Use and Disposal of Water
24. Before conducting a pressure test, a company shall obtain any permits required in respect of the use and disposal of water for test purposes.
General Testing Requirements
25. (1) Pressure testing shall be performed under the direct supervision of the company or an agent appointed by it.
(2) The agent referred to in subsection (1) shall be independent of any contractor that carries out the pressure testing program or that constructed the pipeline.
(3) The company or agent shall date and sign any logs, test charts and other test records that are referred to in CSA Z276 or CSA Z662, as applicable.
26. The number of welds in a pipeline that are not subjected to a pressure test following the installation of fabricated assemblies or pipe segments into the pipeline shall be minimized to the extent that is practicable.
- SOR/2007-50, s. 11.
OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE
Operation and Maintenance Manuals
27. A company shall develop, regularly review and update as required, operation and maintenance manuals that provide information and procedures to promote safety, environmental protection and efficiency in the operation of the pipeline and shall submit them to the Board when required to do so.
- SOR/2007-50, s. 12.
28. A company shall inform all persons associated with operation activities on the pipeline of the practices and procedures to be followed and make available to them the relevant portions of the operation and maintenance manuals.
- Date modified: