14. The Commission or a designated officer, as the case may be, on the request of a participant or on their own initiative, may adjourn a proceeding, on such terms and conditions as the Commission or the designated officer considers necessary in the interests of a fair, informal and expeditious consideration of the matter.
15. (1) The Commission shall keep a record of the following in respect of every proceeding:
(a) any document that initiated the proceeding;
(b) any notice given by the Commission or a designated officer;
(c) any documentary evidence, written submission or other material filed with the Commission or a designated officer;
(d) any final decision of the Commission or a designated officer, including reasons in any case where reasons were given;
(e) any transcript of the proceeding that is made by the Commission or a designated officer; and
(f) any other relevant information that the Commission or a designated officer directs to be placed on the record.
(2) Subject to any measures taken under rule 12, the record kept under subrule (1) shall be open to the participants and the public.
- SOR/2007-208, s. 30(F).
PART 2PUBLIC HEARINGS
16. This Part applies in respect of a public hearing that the Commission holds
(a) under paragraph 40(5)(a) of the Act, in relation to an application for the issuance, renewal, suspension, amendment, revocation or replacement of a licence; and
(b) under paragraph 40(5)(b) of the Act, in relation to any other matter within the Commission's jurisdiction.
Notice of Public Hearing
17. (1) Where the Commission holds a public hearing on any matter under this Part, it may hold the hearing on one or more days and in one or more places.
(2) The Commission shall give notice of a public hearing to the parties at least 60 days before the start of the hearing.
(3) The Commission shall also give a notice to the public at least 60 days before the start of the hearing in any manner that the Commission considers will most likely result in the notice coming to the attention of persons interested in the matter being considered.
(4) The notices referred to in subrules (2) and (3) shall include
(a) a description of the matter being heard;
(b) where the Commission proposes to hold the public hearing on one day, the date, time and place of the hearing;
(c) where the Commission proposes to hold the public hearing on more than one day, the dates, times and places, if known, of the public hearing;
(d) the requirement that parties who intend to participate in the hearing must so notify the Commission in accordance with rule 18;
(e) the manner in which persons may request to intervene, as set out in rule 19; and
(f) the names and addresses of persons to whom copies of any information and submissions filed or to be filed with the Commission, for consideration at the hearing, must be sent.
- SOR/2007-208, s. 31(F).
- Date modified: