13 (1) Where a contribution is payable to a province, the province shall furnish to the Minister a statement containing such information as the Minister may require for the purpose of determining the amount of that contribution.
(2) The statement referred to in subsection (1) shall be in a form satisfactory to the Minister and shall be certified as to its correctness
(a) by a provincial minister or such other person, approved by the Minister, as may be designated by a provincial minister for that purpose; and
(b) by the provincial auditor or such other official or body as may be designated by the province, subject to such conditions as may be agreed to by the Minister.
(3) The statement referred to in subsection (1) shall be furnished to the Minister within one year after the end of the year or initial period to which the statement relates or within such further period as the Minister may specify.
(4) Upon the certificate of the Minister that the statement referred to in subsection (1) or such further information as the Minister may have requested for the purpose referred to in that subsection has been received and that the amount of the contribution has been determined, an amount equal to the amount of the contribution so determined, less the total of any advances pursuant to section 14 paid to the province on account of such contribution, shall be paid to the province.
(2) Where a province has requested an advance on account of a contribution, the province shall furnish to the Minister
(b) such further information as the Minister may require for the purpose of determining the amount of the advance.
(3) Upon the certificate of the Minister that the statement referred to in paragraph (2)(a) and such further information as may be required under paragraph (2)(b) have been received, an advance in an amount determined in accordance with subsection (4) or (5), as the case may be, shall be paid to the province on or after the 20th day of the month for which the advance is made.
9 (1) Every agreement made under section 3 (hereinafter referred to as an “agreement”)
(c) may contain such other terms and conditions as the Minister and the province may agree upon.
(2) Every agreement shall provide that the province
(a) for a period of five years will ensure, for examination and audit by the Minister or any person designated by him, the maintenance and availability of such records and accounts respecting the provision of benefits under the universal nursing home care benefit program of the province as the agreement may require; and
2 In these Regulations,
base year payment means,
(a) in relation to any province other than the Province of Alberta, the total amount determined by the Minister to have been payable by Canada to the province under an assistance agreement in respect of the cost in the base year to the province and to municipalities in the province of assistance provided to or on behalf of those persons who were residents of nursing homes that were listed, or were accepted for listing, as homes for special care in a schedule to that agreement, to the extent that such cost would have been assumed under a universal nursing home care benefit program had that program been in effect, and
care includes such nursing, personal or supervisory care as is normally provided by or under the supervision of skilled nursing personnel; (soins)
resident means a person who resides in a nursing home for the purpose of receiving care therein, but does not include any person who is in the care or custody or under the control or supervision of a child welfare authority as defined in the Canada Assistance Plan, or who could, by reason of age, be taken into the care or custody or brought under the control or supervision of such an authority; (résident)
15 Every agreement shall provide that
(a) where a contribution or an advance on account thereof has been paid to a province and it is determined by the Minister that the amount paid is in excess of the amount payable under the agreement, an amount equal to the amount in excess thereof shall be paid to Canada by the province and, in the event that the amount is not so paid, it may be recovered at any time by Canada as a debt due to Canada by the province; and
(b) in recovering any amount due as a debt under the provision described in paragraph (a), Canada may deduct, from any contribution or advance payable under the agreement or from any amount payable under an assistance agreement, an amount equal to the amount of the debt.