Marginal note:Consent of Attorney General
63 A prosecution for an offence under this Act may not be instituted except with the consent of the Attorney General of Canada.
Marginal note:Notice to interested authorities
64 The Minister may notify any interested authority, such as a professional licensing or disciplinary body established under the laws of Canada or a province, of the identity of a person who is charged with an offence under this Act or who there are reasonable grounds to believe may have acted in breach of any professional code of conduct.
- 2004, c. 2, s. 64
- 2012, c. 19, s. 736
Marginal note:Regulations of Governor in Council
(a) defining donor, in relation to an in vitro embryo;
(b) for the purposes of section 8, respecting the giving of consent for the use of human reproductive material or an in vitro embryo or for the removal of human reproductive material;
(c) respecting the tests to be conducted in respect of sperm and ova described in any of paragraphs 10(2)(a) to (c), and the obtaining, preparation, preservation, quarantining, identification, labelling and storage of, and the assessment of the quality of, the sperm and ova;
(d) respecting the testing and screening of, and the assessment of the suitability of, donors described in paragraph 10(3)(b);
(d.1) respecting the disposition of sperm and ova described in any of paragraphs 10(2)(a) to (c);
(d.2) respecting the tracing of sperm and ova described in any of paragraphs 10(2)(a) to (c), including regulations that require
(i) measures to be taken to identify persons who have distributed, made use of or imported the sperm or ova for the purpose of assisted human reproduction, or who are storing any of them for that purpose,
(ii) the communication of information to the persons referred to in subparagraph (i), to the donors of the sperm and ova and to the persons who have undergone assisted human reproduction procedures in which the sperm or ova were used,
(iii) measures to be taken to determine the nature, cause and extent of the risks to human health and safety, and
(iv) measures to be taken in respect of the sperm and ova to reduce those risks;
(d.3) respecting the reporting to the Minister of information with respect to an activity described in section 10;
(e) respecting the reimbursement of expenditures for the purposes of subsection 12(1), including providing for the expenditures that may be reimbursed;
(e.1) for the purposes of subsection 12(3), respecting the reimbursement of a loss of income;
(f) to (m) [Repealed, 2012, c. 19, s. 737]
(n) respecting the creation and maintenance of records by any person who
(o) to (q) [Repealed, 2012, c. 19, s. 737]
(r) authorizing the Minister, in the manner set out in the regulations, to require any person described in paragraph (n) to provide to the Minister any records that the person is required by the regulations to create or maintain, and any additional information related to the activity described in subparagraph (n)(i), (ii) or (iii), and requiring that person to provide to the Minister those records and that information within the time and in the manner set out in the regulations;
(s) to (w) [Repealed, 2012, c. 19, s. 737]
(y) for the purposes of subsection 51(1), prescribing the information to be contained in the notice and the time and manner of sending it;
(z) respecting the further measures referred to in section 54;
(z.1) respecting the giving of consent for the purposes of section 54;
(z.2) defining designated officer for the purposes of subsection 52(3) and section 54;
(z.3) exempting any person from the application of section 10, conditionally or unconditionally, in the circumstances provided for in the regulations; and
(z.4) exempting from the application of subsection 12(2), conditionally or unconditionally, in the circumstances provided for in the regulations, any person who reimburses expenditures referred to in the regulations.
Marginal note:Incorporation by reference
(2) The regulations may incorporate any document by reference, regardless of its source, either as it reads on a particular date or as it is amended from time to time.
Marginal note:Documents in one language
(3) Where a document that is available in both official languages has been incorporated by reference as amended from time to time, an amendment to one language version of that document is not incorporated until the corresponding amendment is made to the other language version.
Marginal note:Statutory Instruments Act
- 2004, c. 2, s. 65
- 2012, c. 19, s. 737
Marginal note:Proposed regulations to be laid before Parliament
Marginal note:Report by committee
(2) A proposed regulation that is laid before Parliament shall be referred to the appropriate committee of each House, as determined by the rules of that House, and the committee may review the proposed regulation and report its findings to the House.
Marginal note:Standing Committee on Health
(2.1) The committee of the House of Commons referred to in subsection (2) shall be the Standing Committee on Health or, in the event that there is not a Standing Committee on Health, the appropriate committee of the House.
Marginal note:Making of regulations
(3) A regulation may not be made before the earliest of
(4) The Minister shall take into account any report of the committee of either House. If a regulation does not incorporate a recommendation of the committee of either House, the Minister shall lay before that House a statement of the reasons for not incorporating it.
(5) A proposed regulation that has been laid before Parliament need not again be so laid prior to the making of the regulation, whether it has been altered or not.
Marginal note:Notice of opinion
(2) If a regulation is made without being laid before Parliament, the Minister shall lay before each House of Parliament a statement of the Minister’s reasons.
68 [Repealed, 2012, c. 19, s. 738]
- Date modified: