PART 22General (continued)
377 (1) A person who has paid the required fee is entitled during usual business hours to examine a document required by this Act or the regulations to be sent to the Director, except a report sent under subsection 330(2), and to make copies of it or take extracts from it.
Marginal note:Copies and extracts
(2) The Director must provide any person with a copy, extract, certified copy or certified extract of a document required by this Act or the regulations to be sent to the Director, except a report sent under subsection 330(2).
- 1998, c. 1, s. 377
- 2001, c. 14, s. 231
Marginal note:Records of Director
378 (1) Records required by this Act to be maintained by the Director may be in bound or loose-leaf form or in photographic film form, or may be entered or recorded by a system of mechanical or electronic data processing or by any other information storage device that is capable of reproducing any required information in intelligible written form within a reasonable time.
(2) If records that are maintained by the Director are maintained other than in written form,
Marginal note:Retention of records
(3) The Director is not required to produce any document, other than a certificate and attached articles or statement filed under section 373, after the expiration of the prescribed period.
Marginal note:Form of publication
(4) Information or notices required by this Act to be summarized in a publication generally available to the public or to be published by the Director may be made available to the public or published by a system of mechanical or electronic data processing or any other information storage device that is capable of reproducing any required information or notice in intelligible form within a reasonable time.
- 1998, c. 1, s. 378
- 2001, c. 14, s. 232
- 2018, c. 8, s. 95
Marginal note:Continuance under this Act
(a) each former Act cooperative is deemed to be a cooperative incorporated under this Act;
(b) any provision contained in the articles of association and the charter by-laws of a former Act cooperative that is required to be contained in the articles of incorporation of a cooperative under this Act is deemed to be contained in the articles of that cooperative; and
(c) any share that has been issued by the cooperative that is not a membership share is deemed to be an investment share.
Marginal note:Amendment to articles
(2) Each former Act cooperative must, not later than five years after the coming into force of this subsection, amend its articles so that they comply with section 11 and file them with the Director.
Marginal note:Failure to comply
(3) If a cooperative referred to in subsection (1) does not comply with subsection (2), the Director may, after giving not less than one hundred and eighty days notice after the end of the five years to the cooperative, dissolve the cooperative.
Marginal note:No member or shareholder rights
(4) Any amendment to the articles of a cooperative to comply with subsection (2) does not give rise to any rights by a member or shareholder under section 302.
PART 24Consequential Amendments, Repeal and Coming into Force
380 to 384 [Amendments]
Coming into Force
Marginal note:Coming into force
Return to footnote *[Note: Act in force December 31, 1999, see SI/99-69.]
- Date modified: