Canadian Environmental Assessment Act, 2012
Marginal note:Designation of physical activity as designated project
Marginal note:Minister’s power to designate
(2) The Minister may, by order, designate a physical activity that is not prescribed by regulations made under paragraph 84(a) if, in the Minister’s opinion, either the carrying out of that physical activity may cause adverse environmental effects or public concerns related to those effects may warrant the designation.
Marginal note:Minister’s power to require that information be provided
(3) The Minister may require any person to provide information with respect to any physical activity that can be designated under subsection (2).
Marginal note:Federal authority
(4) The Minister must specify in the order made under subsection (2) for each designated physical activity one of the following federal authorities to which the physical activity is linked:
(5) The Minister must not make the designation referred to in subsection (2) if
(a) the carrying out of the physical activity has begun and, as a result, the environment has been altered; or
(b) a federal authority has exercised a power or performed a duty or function conferred on it under any Act of Parliament other than this Act that would permit the physical activity to be carried out, in whole or in part.
Marginal note:Posting of notice of order on Internet site
(6) The Agency must post on the Internet site a notice of any order made under subsection (2).
- Date modified: