Corrections and Conditional Release Act (S.C. 1992, c. 20)
- HTMLFull Document: Corrections and Conditional Release Act (Accessibility Buttons available) |
- XMLFull Document: Corrections and Conditional Release Act [707 KB] |
- PDFFull Document: Corrections and Conditional Release Act [1274 KB]
Act current to 2023-03-06 and last amended on 2022-06-23. Previous Versions
Marginal note:Contacts and visits
71 (1) In order to promote relationships between inmates and the community, an inmate is entitled to have reasonable contact, including visits and correspondence, with family, friends and other persons from outside the penitentiary, subject to such reasonable limits as are prescribed for protecting the security of the penitentiary or the safety of persons.
Marginal note:Visitors’ permitted items
(2) At each penitentiary, a conspicuous notice shall be posted at the visitor control point, listing the items that a visitor may have in possession beyond the visitor control point.
Marginal note:Where visitor has non-permitted item
(3) Where a visitor has in possession, beyond the visitor control point, an item not listed on the notice mentioned in subsection (2) without having previously obtained the permission of a staff member, a staff member may terminate or restrict the visit.
- Date modified: