Miscellaneous Provisions (continued)
Marginal note:Financial year
26 The financial year of the Bank is the period of 12 months beginning on April 1 and ending on the next March 31, unless the Governor in Council directs otherwise.
Marginal note:Five-year review
Marginal note:Report to Parliament
(2) Within one year after the review is undertaken, the designated Minister must cause a copy of the report on the review to be laid before each House of Parliament.
Marginal note:Review of report
(3) The report must be reviewed by any committee of the Senate or of the House of Commons, or any joint committee, that may be designated or established for the purpose of reviewing the report.
Marginal note:Privileged information
28 (1) Subject to subsection (2), all information obtained by the Bank, by any of the Bank’s subsidiaries or by any of the subsidiaries of the Bank’s wholly-owned subsidiaries in relation to the proponents of, or private sector investors or institutional investors in, infrastructure projects is privileged and a director, officer, employee, or agent or mandatary of, or adviser or consultant to, the Bank, any of its subsidiaries, or any of the subsidiaries of its wholly-owned subsidiaries must not knowingly communicate, disclose or make available the information, or permit it to be communicated, disclosed or made available.
Marginal note:Authorized disclosure
(2) Privileged information may be communicated, disclosed or made available in the following circumstances:
(a) it is communicated, disclosed or made available for the purpose of the administration or enforcement of this Act and legal proceedings related to it;
(b) it is communicated, disclosed or made available for the purpose of prosecuting an offence under this Act or any other Act of Parliament;
(d) it is communicated, disclosed or made available with the written consent of the person to whom the information relates.
Marginal note:Use of Bank’s name, initials or acronyms
29 Except with the written consent of the Bank, a person must not in any prospectus or advertisement, or for any other business purpose, use the name of the Bank, the initials “C.I.B.” or “B.I.C.” or the acronyms “CIB” or “BIC” in reference to any function of the Bank under section 7.
31 A person who contravenes section 28 or 29 is guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine of not more than $10,000 or to imprisonment for a term of not more than six months, or to both.
32 The Governor in Council may make regulations for the purpose of carrying out the purposes and provisions of this Act, including regulations setting out requirements in respect of the exercise of the Bank’s powers under this Act.
Marginal note:First Chief Executive Officer
(2) Before the first Chief Executive Officer is appointed, the designated Minister must consult with any directors then in office.
Marginal note:Chairperson’s interim powers
(3) During the period before the first day on which there is a Chairperson and at least eight other directors in office, the Chairperson, once appointed, comprises the Board and may exercise all the powers of the Board, and during the period before the first Chief Executive Officer is appointed, the Chairperson may exercise all the powers of the Chief Executive Officer.
- Date modified: