Consequential Amendments (continued)
Department of Veterans Affairs Act
Excise Tax Act
Financial Administration Act
Historic Sites and Monuments Act
Income Tax Act
Injured Military Members Compensation Act
Nunavut Land Claims Agreement Act
Parliament of Canada Act
Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act
Public Sector Compensation Act
Public Service Staff Relations Act
War Veterans Allowance Act
Youth Criminal Justice Act
Yukon First Nations Land Claims Settlement Act
Yukon First Nations Self-Government Act
Marginal note:No continuation in office
52 (1) The persons who were the National Archivist of Canada and the National Librarian immediately before the coming into force of section 55 cease to hold those offices on the coming into force of subsection 5(1).
Marginal note:Transfer of existing holdings
(2) The records and publications that constituted the collections of the National Archives of Canada and the National Library immediately before the coming into force of section 55 are transferred to the Librarian and Archivist subject to any terms and conditions that were applicable to those records and publications.
Marginal note:Continuation of personnel
(3) Every person who was, immediately before the coming into force of section 55, an employee employed in the National Archives of Canada or the National Library is an employee of the Library and Archives of Canada.
Marginal note:Transfer of funds
(4) All amounts that were in the accounts of Canada called the National Archives of Canada Account and the National Library Special Operating Account immediately before the coming into force of section 55 are transferred to the Library and Archives of Canada Account.
(5) Unless the context requires otherwise, “National Archives of Canada” and “National Library” are replaced by “Library and Archives of Canada” in
(6) Unless the context requires otherwise, “National Archivist of Canada” and “National Librarian” are replaced by “Librarian and Archivist of Canada” in
(7) Unless the context requires otherwise, a reference in any contract or other document to
53 [Repealed, 2012, c. 19, s. 751]
Coming into Force
Return to footnote *[Note: Sections 21, 53 and 54 in force on assent April 22, 2004; Act, other than sections 21, 53 and 54, in force May 21, 2004, see SI/2004-58.]
- Date modified: