Marginal note:Exercise of powers and functions by deputy heads
15 (1) The Commission may authorize a deputy head to exercise or perform, in relation to his or her organization, in the manner and subject to any terms and conditions that the Commission directs, any of the powers and functions of the Commission under this Act, other than its powers under sections 17, 20 and 22, its power to investigate appointments under sections 66 to 69 and its powers under Part 7.
Marginal note:Revision or rescission
(2) Subject to subsection (3), the Commission may revise or rescind an authorization granted under this section.
Marginal note:Revocation of appointments
(3) Where the Commission authorizes a deputy head to make appointments pursuant to an internal appointment process, the authorization must include the power to revoke those appointments and to take corrective action whenever the deputy head, after investigation, is satisfied that an error, an omission or improper conduct affected the selection of a person for appointment.
(4) In authorizing a deputy head under subsection (3), the Commission is not required to include the authority to revoke appointments or to take corrective action in circumstances referred to in sections 68 and 69.
Marginal note:Commission jurisdiction
(5) The Commission may not revoke an appointment referred to in subsection (3) or take corrective action in relation to such an appointment except in circumstances referred to in sections 68 and 69.
Marginal note:Re-appointment on revocation
(6) Where the appointment of a person is revoked by a deputy head acting pursuant to subsection (3), the Commission may appoint that person to another position if the Commission is satisfied that the person meets the essential qualifications referred to in paragraph 30(2)(a).
- Date modified: