Saguenay-St. Lawrence Marine Park Act (S.C. 1997, c. 37)

Act current to 2019-06-20 and last amended on 2015-02-26. Previous Versions

SCHEDULE(Section 5)Saguenay-St. Lawrence Marine Park

Public lands of Québec

A territory, within the territories of the Municipalité régionale de comté du Fjord-du-Saguenay, the Municipalité régionale du comté de la Haute-Côte-Nord, the Municipalité régionale de comté de Charlevoix-Est, the Municipalité régionale de comté de Rivière-du-Loup and the Municipalité régionale de comté de Kamouraska, official cadastre of the townships of: Saint-Germains, Durocher, Champigny, Labrosse, Albert, Tadoussac, Bergeronnes, Escoumins, Otis, Hébert, Saint-Jean, Dumas, Saguenay and Callières, and of the parishes of: Saint-Siméon and Saint-Fidèle.

Such territory being situated on Québec public lands and comprising part of the bed of the Saguenay River and part of the bed of the estuary of the St. Lawrence River. Containing an area of 1 138 square kilometres within the perimeter described as follows:

Starting from point A situated at Cap de l’Est at the intersection of the boundary line between lots 7 and 8 of Range F, cadastre of the township of Saint-Germains, and the ordinary high water mark (OHWM) on the northeast shore of the Saguenay River; thence, in a general southeasterly direction, the OHWM on the northeast shore of the Saguenay River to point B (Pointe Rouge), designated as 5 333 239 m N and 364 246 m E in the Québec plane coordinate system (QPCS);

Skirting, so as to exclude them, the following areas:

— SAINTE-ROSE-DU-NORD WHARF (1):

The submerged shore lot, without designation, forming part of the bed of the Saguenay River, fronting on part of lots A-1 and A-2 of Range B of the official cadastre of the township of Saint-Germains, transferred to the Government of Canada by Québec Order in Council 357 dated 5 March 1963 and accepted by Order in Council P.C. 1302 dated September 4, 1963.

— ESTUARY OF THE SAINTE-MARGUERITE RIVER:

Part of the Sainte-Marguerite bay bordered by the downstream side of the walkway linking lot 12 of the West Range of the river to lot D of the East Range of the river, cadastre of the township of Albert.

— L’ANSE-DE-ROCHE (2):

Part of the bed of the Saguenay River comprising:

The L’Anse-de-roche wharf. The submerged shore lot, being Block 35 on the original survey, fronting on lots 20-4, 20-5, 20-8 and 20-9 of Range I Saguenay of the revised cadastre of the township of Albert;

A submerged shore lot, without designation, fronting on lot 20-4, Range I Saguenay, revised cadastre of the township of Albert, contiguous to the aforementioned Block 35 and bounded as follows: on the east by the OHWM; on the north by the aforementioned Block 35; on the south and west by the Saguenay River. Being 40.0 metres in width and 83.82 metres along its north line;

L’Anse-de-roche marina (2). A submerged shore lot, without designation, fronting on lots 20-8, 21-20, 21-22 and 21-23 of Range I Saguenay of the revised cadastre of the township of Albert, contiguous to the aforementioned lot and bounded as follows: on the east by the OHWM; on the south by the aforementioned Block 35; on the west and north by the Saguenay River. Being 45.0 metres in width and 85.34 metres along its south line.

— TADOUSSAC FERRY WHARF (3):

The submerged shore lot 1014 of the revised cadastre of the township of Tadoussac.

— ANSE À L’EAU (3):

Lots 55-1, 54-B-1, 54-A-1 to their southeast line and lot 54-1 to its southwest line, revised cadastre of the township of Tadoussac.

— ANSE À CALE SÈCHE (4):

Part of Block 1 of the revised cadastre of the township of Tadoussac to a line parallel to and running at a distance of 10 metres to the south of the dry dock gate.

— TADOUSSAC BAY (5):

Part of the bed of the Saguenay River, Tadoussac Bay, comprising:

Tadoussac wharf. A submerged shore lot, without designation, comprising the site of the Tadoussac wharf and a contiguous strip of land 25 metres in width measured perpendicularly from the outside wall of the wharf;

Tadoussac marina. A submerged shore lot, without designation, fronting on lots 67-14 and 67-15 of the revised cadastre of the village of Tadoussac, containing an area of approximately 21 848 square metres, lease number 9091-41, Tadoussac yachting harbour;

A submerged shore lot, without designation, triangular in shape, bounded on the southeast by the wharf lot; on the west by the marina lot and on the northeast by a straight line running from the northwest corner of the wharf lot to the northeast corner of the marina lot (5).

— TADOUSSAC BAY (6):

A submerged shore lot, without designation, forming part of the bed of the Saguenay River, fronting on lots 122-1 and 688, lease number 7677-382;

Two submerged shore lots, without designation, forming part of the bed of the Saguenay River, fronting on lots 122-2, 129-2 and 129-3, lease number 7677-381.

From point B, in a general northeasterly direction, the OHWM on the northwest shore of the St. Lawrence River to the intersection of the boundary line between lots A-4 and A-5 of Range A of the township of Escoumins, designated as point C;

Skirting, so as to exclude them, the following areas:

— PETITES BERGERONNES BAY:

Part of the bay bounded by a straight line the extremities of which are designated as the following QPCS coordinates:

Point 3 5 343 820 m N and 373 006 m E;

Point 4 5 343 825 m N and 373 248 m E;

— GRANDES BERGERONNES BAY (7):

Part of the bay bounded by a straight line the extremities of which are designated as the following QPCS coordinates:

Point 5 5 344 751 m N and 375 045 m E;

Point 6 5 344 756 m N and 375 369 m E;

Grandes-Bergeronnes wharf. A submerged shore lot, without designation, forming part of the bed of the St. Lawrence River, estuary of the Grandes-Bergeronnes River, and situated at the southwesternmost extremity of Block A-2 of the township of Bergeronnes, transferred to the Government of Canada by Québec Order in Council 1240 dated 30 June 1939 and accepted by Order in Council P.C. 2607 dated September 9, 1939;

Grandes-Bergeronnes marina. A submerged shore lot, without designation, forming part of the bed of the St. Lawrence River, estuary of the Grandes-Bergeronnes River, and contiguous to the aforementioned lot, bounded as follows: on the southeast by the aforementioned lot; on the southwest and northwest by the St. Lawrence River and on the northeast by the OHWM. Being 153.15 metres on the southeast and 60.96 metres on the southwest.

— ANSE AUX BASQUES:

Part of the bed of the St. Lawrence River comprising:

The Escoumins wharf. The submerged shore lots designated on the original survey as Blocks 243 and 1074 of the bed of the St. Lawrence River, fronting on lot 2 (part), Range A, cadastre of the township of Escoumins;

The submerged shore lot, being Block 1040 of the bed of the St. Lawrence River on the original survey, fronting on lot 1-1 (part) of Range A of the cadastre of the township of Escoumins;

A submerged shore lot, without designation, fronting on lot 2-15 of Range A of the cadastre of the township of Escoumins; bounded on the east by the aforementioned Block 243; on the south by Anse-aux-basques; on the west by the aforementioned Block 1040 and on the north by lot 20-15 of Range A of the cadastre of the township of Escoumins. Being 29.41 metres on the east and 5.45 metres and 16.97 metres on the west.

— ANSE À LA BARQUE:

A submerged shore lot, without designation, forming part of the bed of the St. Lawrence River, fronting on lot 3 Range A, cadastre of the township of Escoumins. Being 53.0 metres in width and 75.0 metres in length;

From point C, southeasterly, a straight line to point D, having the geographic coordinates 48°17′17″ N latitude and 69°17′17″ W longitude.

From point D, southwesterly to point H 50, having the geographic coordinates 48°06′25″ N latitude and 69°29′38″ W longitude.

From point H 50, southwesterly, a straight line to point H 52, having the geographic coordinates 48°04′30″ N latitude and 69°31′42″ W longitude.

From point H 52, southwesterly, a straight line to point H 56, having the geographic coordinates 47°52′54″ N latitude and 69°37′17″ W longitude.

From point H 56, southwesterly, a straight line to point H 58, having the geographic coordinates 47°51′21″ N latitude and 69°39′00″ W longitude.

From point H 58, southwesterly, a straight line to point H 60, having the geographic coordinates 47°48′16″ N latitude and 69°42′43″ W longitude.

From point H 60, southwesterly, a straight line to point H 64, having the geographic coordinates 47°38′39″ N latitude and 69°53′16″ W longitude.

From point H 64, northwesterly, a straight line to point E, situated on the boundary line between lots 252 and 254 of the Saint-Paul Range, cadastre of the parish of Saint-Fidèle. The said point being situated on the OHWM on the northwest shore of the St. Lawrence River (Gros Cap à l’Aigle).

From point E, in a general northeasterly direction, being the OHWM on the northwest shore of the St. Lawrence River, to point F (Pointe Noire), designated as 5 331 938 m N and 363 150 m E in the QPCS.

Skirting, so as to exclude them, the following areas:

— PORT-AU-PERSIL WHARF (9):

A submerged shore lot, without designation, forming part of the bed of the St. Lawrence River, fronting on lot 34 of Port-au-Persil Range in the cadastre of the parish of Saint-Siméon.

— SAINT-SIMÉON WHARF (10):

A submerged shore lot, being Block 627 of the bed of the St. Lawrence River on the original survey, fronting on lots 63 and 65 of Port-au-Persil Range, cadastre of the parish of Saint-Siméon;

A submerged shore lot, without designation, forming part of the bed of the St. Lawrence River, fronting on lots 65 and 66 of Port-au-Persil Range, cadastre of the parish of Saint-Siméon, and contiguous to the aforementioned lot. Being 156.67 metres on the south; 91.44 metres on the east and 189.28 metres on the north.

— ESTUARY OF THE NOIRE RIVER (11):

A submerged shore lot, without designation, forming part of the bed of the St. Lawrence River, fronting on lot 69 of Mont-Murray Seignory and the estuary of the Noire River, as shown on the plan prepared by Mario Morin, land surveyor, on 27 January 1995 under number 769 of his minutes. The said lot being reserved for the needs of the Québec department of transport.

A submerged shore lot, without designation, forming part of the bed of the St. Lawrence River, fronting on lot 24 of Range 1 SW of the cadastre of the township of Callières. Being 102.11 metres on the south and 241.71 metres on the east. The said lot having been transferred to the Government of Canada by Québec Order in Council 3105 dated 20 December 1939 and accepted by Order in Council P.C. 176 dated January 17, 1940;

— BAIE-DES-ROCHERS WHARF:

A submerged shore lot, without designation, forming part of the bed of the St. Lawrence River, fronting on lot 24 of Range A of the cadastre of the township of Callières, comprising the site of the wharf and a continguous strip of land 25 metres in width measured perpendicularly from the outside wall of the wharf.

— AUX CANARDS RIVER:

The estuary of the Aux Canards River, bounded by a straight line the extremities of which are designated as the following QPCS coordinates:

Point 7: 5 326 822 m N and 360 789 m E;

Point 8: 5 326 882 m N and 360 907 m E.

— SAINTE-CATHERINE BAY (12):

The submerged shore lot, without designation, forming part of the bed of the St. Lawrence River granted by letters patent to Price Brothers on 23 August 1930, fronting on lots E, F, 6 and 7 of Range B, cadastre of the township of Saguenay;

A submerged shore lot, without designation, forming part of the bed of the St. Lawrence River, held by the Government of Canada by virtue of Québec Order in Council 365 dated 19 March 1934 and a deed of purchase registered at Baie-Comeau under number 8611 dated 8 August 1934.

From point F, in a general northwesterly direction, being the OHWM on the southwest shore of the Saguenay River, to its intersection with the boundary line between lots 2 and 3 of Range VI of the township of Otis, being point G;

Skirting, so as to exclude them, the following areas:

— BAIE-SAINTE-CATHERINE FERRY WHARF (13):

A submerged shore lot, without designation, forming part of the bed of the Saguenay River and including Block 37 fronting on lots 56 of Range 1 and 8-1 of Range B of the cadastre of the township of Saguenay, as shown on a plan prepared by Claude Latulippe, land surveyor, on 3 August 1978 under number 5255 of his minutes. The said lot being reserved for the needs of the Québec department of transport.

— SAINT-ÉTIENNE COVE:

A part of Saint-Étienne cove, bounded by a straight line the extremities of which are designated as the following QPCS coordinates:

Point 9: 5 340 426 m N and 348 677 m E;

Point 10: 5 340 477 m N and 348 658 m E.

— PETIT SAGUENAY COVE:

A part of Petit Saguenay cove, bounded by a straight line (line 11-12 on the attached plan), perpendicular to the current and having its origin at the mouth of a stream known locally as the Alvidas stream.

— PETIT-SAGUENAY WHARF (14):

A part of the bed of the Saguenay River comprising: a submerged shore lot being Block 64 of the bed of the Saguenay River, fronting on Block A of the cadastre of the township of Saint-Jean, containing an area of 13 053 square metres, transferred to the Government of Canada by Québec Order in Council 2017 dated 28 November 1962 and accepted by an Order in Council dated June 27, 1963;

A submerged shore lot, without designation, forming part of the bed of the Saguenay River, fronting on Block A of the cadastre of the township of Saint-Jean, bounded as follows: on the north by the hereinafter described Block B and the Saguenay River; on the east by the Saguenay River; on the south by the OHWM; and on the west by the aforementioned Block 64. Containing an area of 8 895 square metres, transferred to the Government of Canada by Québec Order in Council 2017 dated 28 November 1962 and accepted by an Order in Council dated June 27, 1963;

A submerged shore lot, being Block B of the bed of the Saguenay River, fronting on Block A of the cadastre of the township of Saint-Jean, transferred to the Government of Canada by Québec Order in Council 437 dated 17 March 1968 and accepted by Order in Council P.C. 1689 dated August 28, 1968.

— SAINT-JEAN COVE (15):

A part of Saint-Jean cove, bounded by a straight line (line 13-14 on the attached plan), starting from the boundary line between lots 62 and 7b, Reserve Range, cadastre of the township of Saint-Jean and perpendicular to the current.

Anse Saint-Jean wharf. A submerged shore lot, without designation, forming part of the bed of the Saguenay River, fronting on lot 1B of Range VII, cadastre of the township of Saint-Jean, including the site of the wharf and a contiguous strip of land 25 metres in width measured perpendicularly from the outside wall of the wharf;

A submerged shore lot, without designation, forming part of the bed of the Saguenay River, fronting on lot 1B of Range VII of the cadastre of the township of Saint-Jean, as described in lease No. 9596-85 of the Ministère de l’Environnement et de la Faune and a contiguous strip of land 25 metres in width measured perpendicularly from the boundary line described in the lease.

— ÉTERNITÉ BAY:

A part of Éternité Bay, bounded by a straight line the extremities of which are designated as the following QPCS coordinates:

Point 15: 5 350 803 m N and 316 863 m E;

Point 16: 5 350 903 m N and 316 803 m E.

A submerged shore lot, without designation, situated in Éternité Bay at 5 351 813 m N and 317 243 m E in the Québec plane coordinate system, including the site of the walkway and floating wharf and a contiguous strip of land 25 metres in width measured perpendicularly from the outside wall of that structure.

From point G, northwesterly, a straight line to the starting point, being point A.

The said territory including: all land placed at the disposal of Hydro-Québec for the construction and maintenance of electric power transportation lines within the perimeter described above.

The said territory excluding:

— all property not held by the Government of Québec;

— all islands and islets, and all structures, including the marine structure situated on the Haut-fond Prince, and a strip of land 25 metres in width around that structure, designated as 5 330 376 m N and 370 648 m E in the Québec plane coordinate system.

All Québec plane coordinate system data, NAD 83, zone 7, mentioned above are expressed in metres and are calculated from coordinates plotted on 1:20 000-scale maps prepared by the Ministère des Ressources Naturelles du Québec, N.A.D. 1927.

 
Date modified: