Marginal note:Proposed regulations to be laid before Parliament
Marginal note:Report by committee
(2) A proposed regulation that is laid before Parliament shall be referred to the appropriate committee of each House, as determined by the rules of that House, and the committee may review the proposed regulation and report its findings to the House.
Marginal note:Standing Committee on Health
(2.1) The committee of the House of Commons referred to in subsection (2) shall be the Standing Committee on Health or, in the event that there is not a Standing Committee on Health, the appropriate committee of the House.
Marginal note:Making of regulations
(3) A regulation may not be made before the earliest of
(4) The Minister shall take into account any report of the committee of either House. If a regulation does not incorporate a recommendation of the committee of either House, the Minister shall lay before that House a statement of the reasons for not incorporating it.
(5) A proposed regulation that has been laid before Parliament need not again be so laid prior to the making of the regulation, whether it has been altered or not.
Marginal note:Notice of opinion
(2) If a regulation is made without being laid before Parliament, the Minister shall lay before each House of Parliament a statement of the Minister’s reasons.
68 [Repealed, 2012, c. 19, s. 738]
69 [Repealed, 2012, c. 19, s. 738]
70 [Repealed, 2012, c. 19, s. 738]
71 [Repealed, 2012, c. 19, s. 738]
Access to Information Act
Financial Administration Act
76 [Repealed before coming into force, 2012, c. 19, s. 739]
Public Service Superannuation Act
Coming into Force
Marginal note:Order of Governor in Council
Return to footnote *[Note: Act, other than sections 8, 12, 14 to 19, 21 to 59, 72 and 74 to 77, in force April 22, 2004, see SI/2004-49; sections 21 to 24, other than paragraphs 24(1)(a), (e) and (g), sections 25 to 39, 72, 74, 75 and 77 in force January 12, 2006, see SI/2005-42; section 8 in force December 1, 2007, see SI/2007-67; section 44 in force June 29, 2012, see 2012, c. 19, s. 740; sections 45 to 58 in force June 9, 2019, section 12 in force June 9, 2020, see SI/2019-38.]
- Date modified: