PART IIIDiscriminatory Practices and General Provisions (continued)
Marginal note:Canadian Forces and Royal Canadian Mounted Police
64 For the purposes of this Part and Parts I and II, members of the Canadian Forces and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police are deemed to be employed by the Crown.
- 1976-77, c. 33, s. 48
Marginal note:Acts of employees, etc.
65 (1) Subject to subsection (2), any act or omission committed by an officer, a director, an employee or an agent of any person, association or organization in the course of the employment of the officer, director, employee or agent shall, for the purposes of this Act, be deemed to be an act or omission committed by that person, association or organization.
(2) An act or omission shall not, by virtue of subsection (1), be deemed to be an act or omission committed by a person, association or organization if it is established that the person, association or organization did not consent to the commission of the act or omission and exercised all due diligence to prevent the act or omission from being committed and, subsequently, to mitigate or avoid the effect thereof.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 143, s. 23
Marginal note:Binding on Her Majesty
(2) [Repealed, 2002, c. 7, s. 128]
(3) [Repealed, 2014, c. 2, s. 11]
(4) The exception referred to in subsection (1) shall come into operation in respect of the Government of Nunavut on a day to be fixed by order of the Governor in Council.
- R.S., 1985, c. H-6, s. 66
- 1993, c. 28, s. 78
- 2002, c. 7, s. 128
- 2014, c. 2, s. 11
67 [Repealed, 2008, c. 30, s. 1]
- Date modified: